V100 review by Vintage

Vintage: V100

It suit's my style quite well, I play a lot of Metallica style metal, with some heavier stuff, and also some GNR style rock. I'm using it with a Roland Cube 15X, although I have tried it with a Peavey Valveking, and then the guitar really excelled. It isn't noisy at all, on the bridge pick-up you get a very warm, rich sound, while on the neck pup, it goes quite bright. The guitar has quite a lot of variety, although my friend, Who plays blues, doesn't like the neck.

I play Metal and some Classic Rock, and it is a very good match. I've been playing guitar for about 3 years now, and this is my second electric guitar (first was a squire fat Strat). I also own an Acoustic, a classical, and a Roland Cube 15X. If it was stolen/lost, I would buy it again. I love the looks of it, and I love the warm sound of the bride pickup. I don't hate anything about this guitar, I love every part of it. Compared to the Epiphone Les Paul, I preferred this one, I love the sharper point to the cutaway, and it is much cheaper than the Epi. It sounds the same as the epi, although the Epiphone's neck pick-up was slightly fuller sounding than the Vintage.

This guitar is very sturdy, it will defiantly withstand Live playing. The hardware is quite long lasting, but I have heard from some people with the same guitar that their hardware has come off within 3 years. I don't know if the original strap buttons are solid, as I got some schaller strap-locks with them, they have served me very well, and never broken. I would use this guitar without a backup, but I would be extremely careful with the headstock. Because it is a "Les Paul" style guitar, the headstock can snap off quite easily, the first one I got was returned within a day, because I noticed a crack at the joining of the neck and the headstock. I got a replacement a few months later. The finish is very good, and I doubt it will wear off.

The guitar was set up well, I only had to make a few adjustments, then it was perfect for me, minimal fretbuzz. The action is medium height, just how I like it. Everything was routed properly, and the top was also done very well. The guitar contained no flaws, apart from a few blemishes in the binding and a very noisy pick-up selector.

The guitar was made in China, with 22 frets. Scale length: 24.75". Fretboard is rosewood, with a mahogany body. The neck is also mahogany, set neck. Tobbaco sunburst flame top. Wilkinson deluxe tuners, stay in tune well (non-locking). Wilkinson pups (1x Double coil, 1x stacked ceramic). 2x Volume, 2x Tone, 3-way pick-up selector. I got a case, straplocks and a lead included when I brought the guitar.

LezPaulEpiphone
    illuvatar111 wrote: is this guitar better than a epiphone les paul standard?
    I would say it's quite similar.