V100 review by Vintage

Vintage: V100

Price paid: £ 199.99

Purchased from: soudhouse

The sound is very crunchy and crisp which is perfect for metal and rock sounds, you can also get a nice clean bluesy sound out of it aswell. I play mainly Hendrix stuff which the V100 issnt the best for because of hedrix of course using a Strat however, it is still near enough the sound. It is perfect for the playing styles like Zakk Wylde etc.

I play blues and classic rock and this guitar out shines othwer guitars I have played such as Washburn and squire. If it was ever stolen I would probaly buy another one to be honest cos' I just thinks it suit's me. I mean I have been playin' for a year now and have picked guitar up quite fast nearly at grade 8. Playing the likes of Santanna and Hendrix isn't exactly the best obviously cos' they use different guitars. When I picked this up I had a Vintage SG sat next to me so I compared them, both seemed very good except I felt the SG was to light and the trough neck was to fragile, but then again it's all down to personal preference. Overall the overall tone and everything else has impressed me with it will certainly last till' I can save up for a Gibson (Long time haha) but it will last. And it's awesome!

The strap buttons are really strong and have not failed since I have had it, the pickups seem in good condition as with most of the hardware nothing has broke... Yet, but I don't think it will anyway. However I would not gig this without a back up guitar cos' you never know what is going to happen, I wouldn't even gig with a Gibson without a back up! I mean look at jimi page he has about 30 back up guitars! However the guitar does seem reliable it just depends on how you play the game, risk it or go safe.

The action was amazing on the guitar, strings were perfect only the low E string buzzed but I think taht is because of the new strings. The finsih is just beautiful (flame maple cherry pick ups were at a perfect height, nothing more they could do really. It think they could of made the neck like a proper Gibson guitar but it is a bolt on which doesn't help sustain. However it is still quite good.

When I bought it the action on it was very good, also the neck is smooth and quite playable. The finish is amazin' I have the flame maple cherry, the pickups are wilkinson as all the hardware is on the guitar. The strap buttons are very firm and should not need locks. It has two tone and two volume with 3 way pick up selector with a tune o matic bridge style bridge. Tuners are wilkinson deluxe they work very well. Oh and it's is a les paul style

'DC fan
    its an awesome guitar i will get one soon, the sound is like a proper les paul but its half the price which is brilliant, in case anyone cares mine will be black with a white scratchplate and white sides