V100 review by Vintage

Vintage: V100

Purchased from: GM music

This guitar is great for rock or blues so really my style chicking picking is easy as you can rest your hand comfortably on the bridge, I'm using a peavy valve king 112, befor that I used a Fender sp15, I use a Dunlop wha wha pedal and a Boss OD2 over Drive pedal it gives a lot of power it makes a rich sound under rythem and quite heavy under treble, but pulling string bends on any fret below 15 many many times can de tune it slightly but it can make a great varietys of sounds.

I am a rock, blues and inde player this is a great match. I've been playing only 8 months, I own a Fender tele, Gibson SG, Takamine G series, and a baby Taylor my tele and SG were given to me as a hand me down of my grampy. I wish I asked where it was built and what is the perfect upgrades, I think if it was stolen I would buy it but with a road worn look, I love the feel it has and it's looks I can really say I hate any thing my favorite feature is the golden hardwair, I compere it to a Epiphone I chose thig guitar for it's price, I wish it had a loking tuners, sadly Vintage guitar are palmed down as bad guitars and I can't see them out runnig Gibson any day soon:( but still awesome.

this guitar has been played Live to 200 people4x can't see my self having to change the hardware any time soon and in its life time I hope I never will. The strap buttons are solid and supprted by a thin leather layer, I always use a back up but out of my 5 guitars I would use this for small gigs without a back up any day.

The guitar was set up well I had to make on ajustment that was the amp socket it came lose all the time but that was sauted with some silacone the pickups were to high but easly dropped down into place the bridge was routed well. There was ablank paint spot on the under side but only a tiny bit not visable from 2 meters away only on close inspection but altogether well asembled.

The Vintage V100 is a copy of a Gibson les paul, it has 22 frets all easy to reach thanks to it cut away body my one has a solid white finish and has a cream lining on the out side its head stock is also a solid finish in black though. It is strung threw the bridge just like a les paul I find this a lot easier than stringin a Fender Strat, it has a volume and tone setting the upper ones for rythem lower ones for treble, the pickups are wilkinson (golden). It hasnon locking the tuners are Ilkinson dulux sadly they bend or snap far to easy as they are quite long so I advise to by new shorter ones. This guitar came with a gig bag and a set of tools

Kinglordjackel
    LouieTM
    Kinglordjackel wrote: as none of the music shops near me sell these in store, and would like to get a feel for it before buying it online, so is the neck the same as Gibson les pauls or are they different?
    I had the Peter Green model and the neck was too thin for me. If you prefer the 60's neck profile, then go for it, because these guitars are by far the best in their price range and even better than any Epiphone LP Standard I've ever played.
    the2menis1
    can anyone tell me how heavy this is compared to an Epiphone G400? i dont have the best back in the world so i need a lightweight guitar to help me,
    messymonkey
    i'm considering to get this as my first electric would you guys reccomend this or the v6?? please reply...