V100 review by Vintage

Vintage: V100

Price paid: € 300

Purchased from: Alphenaar Haarlem (Netherlands)

I play a lot of Punk with my band. It fits our own songs perfectly. Heavier and milder songs. Green Day sounds wicked on the rhythm pickup. Three Days Grace and more metal-ish punk sounds better on Treble, as one would expect. I play it mostly through my Line 6 UX2. Via Pod Farm I can get any great sound I want. It performs with '70s and '80s as well. Slash, Boston... Haven't tried that much of it, but it sure was a great tone. Sustain is pretty long too. Makes me think of Spinal Tap 'You can go and have a bite, you'll still be hearing that one'. Overall GREAT!

I replaced my '50s Fender Mexican Strat with this. I did a head-to-head comparison on this huuuge Marshall Amp in the store. It did better on every front I care about (so not Jazz). It is great for all my Punk to Metalneeds. I would hunt the f--ker down if it were stolen. I love it depdability and sound.

Great thing. First thing I did was fit strap locks, because I just don't like to take risks. I sing as well. When I play support guitar and sing things just sometimes get a little crazy, especially whilst switching. Had a guitar once that fell during band practise and scratched the finish. Strap locks cost you merely 15 and 30 minutes, so fit your Axe with it! That said, this guitar seems very sturdy.

I don't know about factory settings becuase the renowned music stores in the Amsterdam area set it up before selling. So that was all perfecly in order. No flaws whatsoever. This 10 belongs to the store as well, maybe...

Not sure where it was made. Don't care too much either. It has a rosewood fingerboard with stunning pearl trapezoid inlays. Gives you a really expensive feel to it. I've got it with the black finish, white accent. Brilliant copy, it looks just like the Gibson with the white line at the edge. I love that. Passive pickups which were suprisingly good. I wanted to put EMG's in but these babies rock. Also I don't want to cut this thing up for battery space.

badgerdbad
    this guitar rulez i got mine in flamed cherry sunburst looks amazing sounds great too. If your thinking of getting one deffinatatly get it.