V100 review by Vintage

Vintage: V100

Purchased from: Music Matters

Given that the Les Paul was designed as a solid body jazz guitar this instrument can handle all sorts of styles. I'm using a Roland microcube at present and it sounds fine through that on a variety of settings from clean (JC120 style) to rectifier. The guitar can evoke a variety of moods by twiddling the knobs.

I play a variety of styles depending on what mood I'm in and this guitar accommodates them all with ease. I've been playing for over a year now and bought this as a committment to improving. I play it through a Roland microcube which suits me fine at home. I did however play it through a Blackstar in the shop and the sound was gorgeous. I wish I had checked under the scratchguard before I bought it though. If it were stolen I'd go straight back and buy another one. Even when sitting on its stand it looks lovely in the room and I'll even pick it up to play unplugged for a few minutes. I suppose one its drawbacks is the weight but I understand thats par for the course with an LP. Overall a great guitar for the money: the shop matched the best internet price I found and threw in a gig bag. Afterwards I brought it back for the buzzing and the guy there fixed it up in a jiffy with no hassle.

I can't comment on live playing as I'm new to guitar (about a year and a half)but I can see me holding on to this guitar for a while. I replaced the strap buttons with some straplocks and they're solid. The finish is really good. Its a really solid instrument and feels reliable which adds to your confidence.

Initial set up was ok - Bottom E buzzes a bit and the nut groove looks very deep. A slight raising of the action solved this though. My only gripe is that the scratch guard is quite flimsy and the metal arm securing it to the body was thin and had bent slightly so when I took the scratchguard off there was a mark under the screw. A little clear nail polish soon righted that and it looks much better with the scratchguard off to show off the flamed finish.

Made in 2009/10 or thereabouts.22 frets. Solid mahogany body with maple flamed top. Its the Flamed Ice tea finish (which photographs do not do justice to). I wanted a cherry finish but when I saw the IT it blew me away. Mahogany (?) neck and rosewood fretboard with pearloid inlays. Its a Les Paul Copy (single cut) with Wilkinson chrome hardware. It came with a gig bag and as many picks as I could get away with without feeling greedy.

Noodlerman
    Daniel Pearce wrote: Hey, can this come in black but with all the features still on it?
    If you mean does the black V100 come with the out-of-phase features, ther answer is no. Only the Vintage 'Lemon Drop' has the Peter Green look and sound.