V100 review by Vintage

Vintage: V100

Bin playing 40 years now so play many styles of music but mainle classic rock and blues currenty use a Peavey JSX rig or sometimes a Peavey 6505+ old stlye pedal board overdrive distortion delay chorus reverb wah with the three channels I can get pretty much a very wide range of sounds with this rig and the guitar is to my ears just as good as the real thing (used to play gibbos) having used Ibanez Rg for the last 7 years did not know how I would adapt to a Les Paul but have not put it down since I got it.

Have played many years with a range of top quality equipment many different styles different amps effects and guitars wanted a Les Paul but took a chance on this copy to see if I should get a gibbo and now can not justify spending 2000 plus for somthing I can get for 200 it is a working tool am not worried about taking it out to some of the places I play in having said that if some dick head trashed it I would put him in the hurt locker and definitly get another.

Have gigged this guitar since purchase with no problems solid build with well designed hardware but did fit strap locks very heavy guitar always take back up to gigs but not had to use yet (am seriously thinking of another V100 for back up perhaps the lemon drop).

Finish is realy good set up poor badly seated 13 fret choking b and top e stings could not get low action also Bridge mountings not seated into the body correcty again affecting the action on the g b and top e volume and tone controls more liks on of switches but probably due to it being a lefty and pots wired arse about face going to upgrade elecrics desite these problems after my guitar tech gave it a good set up and addressed the above problems plays like a dream and to be honest you could get the same problems with a high end guitar.

Left handed Les Paul Copy made in 2010 don't know what country 22 medium frets rosewood neck mahogany body maple laminate top should be tobbaco sunburst but looks more like honey burst (nice shade) Trevor Wilkinson hardware gold plated gig bag included but got me a case as its going to be a working instrument.