V100 review by Vintage

Vintage: V100

Purchased from: Reidys Home of Music

I play rhythm and bluesy tones aswell as classic rock. I feel it suits my playing style perfectly. Set on treble I believe it could be great also for progressive rock and metal. I use it through a Peavey Vypyr 75 and Sanpera I pedal. You can get clean sounds aswell as really distorted sounds so will suit most music tastes.

At the end of the day this guitar costs 200.00ish with Wilkinson hardware and a great finish, for that price is there much to complain about, I think not. Great guitar that will suit most styles. I would recommend it to anyone and also recommend the dealer (Reidys Blackburn). If it were nicked I would hunt the b*****d down and break his legs. The only thing I dislike about it are the tuning pegs, there very flimsy. I love the finish (wine red) and the gold hardware looks so good. I looked at many other guitars for more money (in and around 400 new) but this was better than most. I would recommend this over most Epiphone Les Pauls copies in similar price brackets. Summary: For the price for a Les Paul Copy I do believe it takes some beating.

I am 100% sure that this guitar can be used for gigging and withstand the wear. The hardware is Wilkinson and should last as it is quality. This is my main guitar but I would always carry a back up, not carrying a backup would be crazy especially when gigging right? The tuning pegs could be better quality they are plasticy and I don't think they could withstand a fall or two.

I was away in Mexico at the time it arrived and the tuning pegs was broke on delivery and had to back for a new guitar. The shop was excellent from start to finish but the tunings pegs are a little flimsy. The pickups I think are fantastic. The stock pickups are Wilkinson and Wilkinson components are quality. The guitar did have a slight blemish on the side of the fretboard but for 200 can you really complain? I do have fret buzz on the top E string although it docent come through the amp it can be annoying but should be easy to correct.

22 frets, mahogany body and neck, rosewood fretboard, wine red with gold hardware, Les Paul style body, Tune-O-Matic bridge, 2 volume, 2 tone controls, 2 mini humbuckers, wilkinson pick ups.

rv_phoenix
    Briefly: IMHO and generaly speaking, Epi has better tuning pegs and superior craftsmanship, but Vintage has a much better sound and vibe. It's up to you to decide what is more important to you.
    cameron_dumper
    Does anyone know how thin the neck is on the Icon model? As in, how would it stack up to the ESP LTD EC range or the Ibanez ARTs? I would be using it for metal and am looking for something very versatile. I would change the pickups to something more suited obviously, but was just wondering if the actual physics of it would be any good?
    mattwigan
    anyone ever played the Vintage V52 (Telecaster) Are they anygood??? There is no reviews on here
    Xraiser
    I went to a shop and played both Vintage V100 and Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus. I went in thinking I was gonna buy the vintage but I have to say that after I played them I wasn't really convinced. The sound, between the two models aren't really as close as you might think. The neck is thinner on the Epi and the Vintage is a bit heavier. I also didn't like the tuners on the Vintage. They seemed kind of fragile. All in all the Epiphone felt better to me and I couldn't buy the V100. BUT I only played one of each guitar because they didn't have more than one model on stock. Maybe if I had more models to compare I would have had a different opinion.