V100 review by Vintage

Vintage: V100

Purchased from: The Bay

The pickups are STUNNING. I've had upwards of 30 guitars and these are some of the best stock pickups I've ever had. Kudos to them on that one. Unfortunately I already had a pair of SD Alnico 2 Pros that I'm gonna drop in:) the guitar itself sustains for DAYS. I clocked it for fun at 30 seconds the other day. I play a lot of classic to hard rock and this fits perfect. I get an awesome GNR, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin tone. I play through a Peavery JSX 2x12, and they are a match in heaven. I'm sure it could handle any style of music really. I just don't play it.

For a guitar that cost me $160, where if I had picked it up in a shop I would easily pay $400 for, I love this guitar. 3 days prior I bought an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra, bone stock, for $330. I sat down and compared the two side by side. The Vintage's pickups kicked the Epi's out of the water. The neck was much "better" feeling (hard to explain). The tuners were much better, tuning stability also. And just the overall vibe of the Vintage was awesome compared to the Epi. Needless to say, I'm selling the Ultra. I love the Vintage series guitars. If your looking for something like a Gibson but don't want to shell out nearly a FRACTION of the cost, go Vintage. The headstock is the closest post-lawsuit design that I've ever seen legally. If you have a chance, go out and play one.

I would trust this gigging wise in a heartbeat. Plan to use this at my next gig matter of fact. I'd never gig without a backup anyways so I'm not gonna answer that part.

The action was very nice when I got it in. This is one of those guitars that just feels "right" in your hands. I bought mine as a second on ebay becuase it had some fretboard discoloration. Lucky for me. The BEST $160 I've ever spent on musical gear. The body is beautifully finished and despite others reviews does not look like a toy.

Got myself a Vintage V100 the other day and had to write a review. Where to start. Mahogany body and neck, maple cap, rosewood finger board, the chemicals of rock and roll. Beautiful flame maple top, I got the cherry sunburst model. If your reading this you already know plenty about the classic Les Paul design and everything that goes with it (bridge, controls, configuration, etc). This a Wilkinson model and boy is it worthy of a review. The tuners are fantastic, classic look and design only with "Wilkinson" on the back. The neck is a thick style neck, by thick I mean it fits my hand very snug but still is easy to play. It is by no means a 50's style baseball bat.

xXBadAxManXx
    I'm looking at the AFD version co i think its the only one with maple cap, the others just have the veneer. is there realistically that much difference between the afd and the regular v100s? will the afd be lighter? i know its modelled after slash's epiphone and that''s limited edition so it makes sense for the afd to be very close in spec but i'm just guessing.
    xXBadAxManXx
    i guess i could put slash sig pickups in co they were designed for a LP but i'm not that much of a slach fanboy. a regular duncan aph set should do the job just as well. that's what his lp copy used on all his recordings has. his sigs are only used live.
    Applefr3nzy
    Apart from the bad quality frets etc. This guitar, in my opinion, is better than the Epiphone Les Paul. Vintage make some seriously underrated gutiars.
    stewart.norton.
    My brother got one off ebay for 80 and decided he wast going to play so sold it to me. All i can say it what an amazing guitar ! I'm not a very good player my only other electric guitar is a Jackson Performer PS2, i love the look of it but never got on with it and just assumed it was my crap playing, but after plugging in the V100 i realised i could get a decent sound out of a guitar ! Such lovely warm tones and decent sustain it has completely renewed my love of playing as soon as i have it in my hands start grinning like a self abusing ape...just awesome..if you see one for sale buy it !!
    atrarirob
    Man, oh man, these guitars are amazing. Epiphone les paul's are TERRIBLE in comparison to this beauty. SCREW Epiphone. LONG LIVE Vintage!
    Markey Sparkey
    I've had my V100 TSB since just before xmas '12 (also the time i've been learning to play) and I really love her. When she arrived the condition was perfect only needing string height change. Everyone that see's her comments how amazing she looks and sounds. And to me (I know I don't have a great deal of experience) she plays like a dream.
    JohnBroadleday
    I recently bought one of these on eBay which was a brand new ex shop display model from a store in Sunderland for 128 plus postage. When I first received it I had a problem with having no sound from the bridge pickup, which after a trip to my local guitar store turned out to be a faulty selector switch (which you'd kinda expect with it being an ex display model and played by numpties). After having a new 3 way selector fitted and a pro setup done this guitar is awesome! It's compared to the Epiphone but in my view having played both that the Vintage easily wins hands down. This guitar is way under priced and in my view I got the bargain of the decade.