V8BRQ review by Vintage

Vintage: V8BRQ

Purchased from: Private Dealer

I've started to play a lot of heavier and experimental stuff, I primarily play a Gibson Les Paul Standard, and bought this guitar because I needed one with a Floyd Rose tremolo, and the two octave range was very appealing, it has quite a unique range of sounds, mainly because the bridge pickup is coil-tapped to be used as a single coil aswell as a humbucker. Lately I've been playing alot of thrash and metal through a Roland Cube 30 with a Dunlop CryBaby Classic, and I can't really fault it, there is some minor fret-buzz, but that's the only problem I've experienced.

I've been playing nearly 2 years now, and this suites me down to the ground. I love the floyd rose, and the range of sounds available. Overall I'm very impressed with the quality of this guitar, and if it was lost or stolen I would replace it immeadiately.

I haven't played live, but if I was playing live with this, I wouldn't need a backup, but If I was playing live, I'd be using my Les Paul. The strap buttons are solid, and the finish doesn't wear, overall I find this guitar very durable.

The action is very smooth, very easy to play. There are no real problems with the bridge that I know of, but I wouldn't know what they were until I was more experienced with a floyd rose. The hardware is all gold plated and it hasn't tarnished and the finish is perfect, it is in excelent condition, and would be quite easy to keep it that way.

I'll start off with what I don't know, and that's the country of origin, and year of 'birth.' Sorry if that's the info you needed.

guitar-name
    Got mine for a hundred quid second hand a few weeks ago.Looks great and plays great,one dead spot on the neck at the 19th fret second string,rubbed the fret....sorted. The licensed Floyd rose could be better,twenty minutes of abuse and there are definately issues with mine and I'm reaching for the tuners but nothing drastic,also just doesn't feel as fluid as the better ones. Neck pickup sings and bridge pickup bites, neither seem particularly hot but it's plenty of output for me and importantly there's some proper tone in there you should find it easy to play fast or tap strings without it going klink,klonk krank,bleeurgh. It's probably one of the better guitars of its type that retailed at £200 to £300 at the time and at a hundred quid,I'm well pleased with it.
    Hendrix_on_fire
    Mad_Rocker_Guy
    Hendrix_on_fire wrote: Ive been thinking of getting the v8TSB (same but with fixed neck), its going for 159\$326.301 at my local guitar shop, is this worth it?
    Get the V8BRQ, a Floyd Rose is a good deal for a little extra money. Especially at this price, its a steal.
    Mad_Rocker_Guy
    Mashfield, get this guitar. you won't be dissapointed, it looks a bit ugly in the picture up there, but in real life its like crimson red/reddy orange, nothing like the burgundy colour on that picture. It sounds amazing for the price, and the floyd rose ain't that bad either.