VRS100 review by Vintage

Vintage: VRS100

It's an extremely versatile guitar, I play mainly blues, classic rock and metal, and it covers all of them brilliantly. Not much else to say, I use it with a Big Muff distortion pedal which it sounds great through, however it sounds a bit nicer through clean, but works great for all of them. I tend to use the bridge pickup most of the time but the neck pickup is fantastic for more melodic stuff.

I own much more expensive guitars than this, some in the region of 2000, and this is still my main guitar. It's survived so much and still sounds wonderful. If it were stolen I would go out and buy another one straight away. and the best part is I only paid 47 quid in total for it. Highly recommend it.

I've dropped this onto the road, it's been run over by a car, I've scraped it along the edge of a stage, I hit someone over the head with it once, spilt a large amount of solvents and assorted beverages on it and it's still stayed in perfect nick. The only things that suffer is a few scratches, which are barely noticeable. The finish still looks fantastic after all of that. I would and have used it in a gig without backup. The only problems are if I have it so the head is pointing vertically upwards, it falls off the straps, I suspect that's my strap though.

I bought it for 40 pounds off ebay, had an enormous amount of fret buzz and a few scratches etc. then I took it to my local guitar shop and got it set up, and it completely erased all my doubts. It did however, look completely stunning, the finish and paintwork on the main body is the best out of any guitar I've ever owned. It looks wonderful. Pickups were adjusted fine, no complaints with anything. It has quite a thin neck (for my hands anyway, which are huge), is shreddable.

Been playing guitar about 2 years, I'm a fast learner however. I don't know what wood any of it but I'm pretty sure the head is maple. it has a simple volume/tone knobs with a 3-way selector switch, and a removable tremelo. The main body has a lovely shape to it and looks awesome on stage, light reflects off of the main body and it looks brilliant. However it is an absolute fingerprint magnet. It comes with Wilkinson hardware, which in my experience is very reliable and easy to use.

ilikekfc
    ive got the vrs110 gloss black and once i got it set up it was amazing so playable and when i tried a real prs their wasnt that much differance