VS6 review by Vintage

Vintage: VS6

Purchased from: Johnny Road House Music

This guitars sound its besically a classic rock/mellow rock sound. I play this with a Marshall MG15DFX and I find them to be a very good match-up. This guitar is very versitile as it can play all sorts from The Doors even to Ill Nino if you want. Although it is not intended to be a metal-style guitar it can still be used to that effect. This guitar has a very rich and full sound most unlike the Stratocaster and I find it best used with quite a bit of reverb. In my opinion this guitar is very versitile and has many different sounds; you just really need the right amp.

I play mainly metal or rock music and this guitar has suited down to a tee. Although an Ibanez may be better for metal this still is a very good option. I loved this guitar's versatility and the fact that it can suit most types of music. The fretboard on this guitar is amazing and is one of the best around for the price. I have compared it to things like the Squire Standard Strat and I have to say this guitar outrankes it in every way. For a beginner, this is really the type of guitar you should be looking for and, for the money, it is a great choise. Really I think the only other option if you dont want this one is the Vintage Les Paul as they are both similar guitars and both play brilliantly. All in all if your a begginer BUY THIS GUITAR.

You can depend on this pretty much always if you look past the minor bad details. The hardware is very durable and the neck on it is very solid. the strap buttons are a little badly placed but altogether ok. I have had this guitar for about a year now and it has been very good. It has withstanded heavy playing (System of a down, korn etc) but has still been good. The fretboard on this guitar is wonderfull and has not worn a bit since the day I got it. You can depend on this guitar but I would not use it at a gig with no backup as there are some clumsy errors on the manufactorers side that could effect your playing.

When I first bought this guitar I was mainly suprised at the general quality of the wood and the neck. This is not a bolt-on guitar and so the neck is very nicley fitted to the body. The bridge was fine and the humbuckers seemed all nicely in place. My main real concern with this is the jack socket as this is very clumsy. It fell out after only a few days of me buying this and, although this is not a major problem, its is still very annoying. Also at least two of my tone and volume switches have come loose and one of them has even fell off. These types of clumsy errors are very annoying for the buyer and even know I have not fixed all of the problems.

This guitar I think was only made a few years ago alongside the Vintage version of the Les Paul. It has the usual 22 frets mixed in with the rosewood neck. I'm not entirely sure what the body is made from but I think it may be maplewood but dont count on me for that one. It has two tone and volume nobs and a Switch. Unfortunately it does not have a wha handle on it, and this is a shame because I would have liked to play this guitar with a wha. I think that the best feture is definitely the neck as it is so easy to play and it's very light on the fingers. It has two standard pickups that are very nice to play. All in all this has got most of the standard features you would need.