VS6 review by Vintage

Vintage: VS6

Purchased from: Allegro Music

You can basically get any sound out of this guitar, rock, blues, metal jazz etc... it is so versitile. I run it through a Marshall 30 DFX and also through an effects program on my computer, and it sounds great through both. You can have it bassy, or very trebly just by using the tone controls on the guitar itself. It has a warmish sound, not that bright, sometimes a bit too bassy, maybe my new pickups will fix that? No not use for loud distortion, it doesn't sound that great.

I play blues and rock and this is a very good match. This is now my 3rd electric guitar in 2 years, but once the pickups have been changed I will be sticking with this for some time to come! If this guitar was stolen I probably would buy another one, assuming I hadn't saved up enough for the Gibson. I wish it had better pickups on this guitar and a coil tap, other than that it is a great guitar.

This guitar will withstand playing live if you changed the pickups. The hardware does seem like it will last for a long time, and the finish although will scratch, doesn't chip as it has been bumped into a few radiators in transit. This guitar is now my number choice guitar for playing and I can depend on it. I would take this to a gig with no backup.

The guitar action was near perfect when I got it and pickups seemed to be in optimal placement. The bridge is sturdy, but you might want to adjust it, as it seems the bottom e doesn't want to play properly. The only problem I had with it is trying to get the back cover off, it was jammed in and wouldn't come out resulting in a nice big chip to the finish on the back of the guitar. It seems to get scratched a lot, with a big scratch in the body work appearing and many more on the body itself.

This guitar is a copy of the SG. It is a nice cherry red finish. It has 22 frets, 2 humbuckers a volume and tone for each and classic 3 way Switch between rhythm and treble. The guitar is a mahogany body with rosewood fretboard with trapezoid inlays. The tuners feel a little loose, but the guitar stays in tune for ages. The pickups are not that great and would recommend changing them for use with distortion. Apart from this, it is a great guitar!