VS6 review by Vintage

Vintage: VS6

Purchased from: Dawsons

This guitar is in a word. Amazing. It can cover all my styles (mostly old-school rock), and many more! I'm playing it through a Marshall MG50DFX with Boss DS-1 and Crybaby Wah all liked with Planet Waves gold leads. The sound is crytal clear on the clean channel, and using my DS-1 gives the perfect amount of crunch for rock. It does sound a bit bassy at times, but not too much.

Fits my style perfectly, my 'Strat' just didn't quite cut the mustard. I've been playin for 7 months and this is the best guitar I've tried in it's price range, I even thought it was better than the Epiphone G400! Only 1 thing I'm not entirely happy with, due to the design it's head-heavy and doesn't balance right, but that's not a major problem. I'd definately buy another if it were stolen. Considering the features and price, it's a bargain.

This guitar would stand up to playing live, but I'd take a back-up (it's just stupid not to!). The hardware will seem to last, as will the finish, as I play pretty heavily. The strap buttons seem solid too, although I'd prefer it if weren't on the back but I'n not too bothered. Very dependable in my experience. Thumbs up!

Well. Despite being a great guitar, the action was terrible when I bought it. But thanks to the tune-o-matic it was really easy to sort. Dawsons had previously re-strung with Ernie Ball Super Slinkeys. The pickups were 'wobbly' but are secure now after fiddling with a screwdriver. Electronics are fine. The finish is immaculate, not a scratch or dent anywhere! The finish is unbelievable, has to be seen in person, the pictures do not do this guitar justice. The deep cherry red is to die for! Aside from high action and wobbly pickups, absolutely perfect.

This guitar was made fairly recently (2003 my guess) in Korea or China. 22 medium frets, twin humbuckers with separate volume and tone controls for each. 3 way selector (rhythm, neutral and treble). Mahogany body, rosewood fretboard with trapezoid inlays. Glued neck. Tune-o-matic bridge. Basically an SG! Amazing for the price!