VS6 review by Vintage

Vintage: VS6

Purchased from: www.gear4music.com

This axe is extremly versatile as I've used it for blues, rock, metal, funk and even country. I've used it through Marshalls to a H and H but my main amp is a little 10 watt Kustom with celestion speakers. You can go from saturated distortion to clean and it sounds great. From Metallica to the Red Hot Chili Peppers you can't go wrong.

For me this is an ideal guitar, I love it to bits and to hell with anyone who says you need a good big name axe to sound great. I've been playing for 7 years and this complements my Encore Strat just fine. The humbuckers are loud and proud. If it were stolen I'd kick the guy's ass who stole it then get another one. This could easily stand its own against the Gibsons and Fenders of this world so no complaints from me.

This baby will last through anything believe you me. I've dropped it once, not even a dent. If I could I'd add a couple more of these to my collection but maybe in black next time. This thing will last people so go and get one!

The guitar worked well straight from the box with a bit of tuning. It didn't arrive tuned which bothered me slightly but otherwise great. Nice low action but I've used a slide on occasions. The pick-ups could be a little beefier but I'm not complaining. The strings are 0. 09s but the guitar can take up to 0.13s with no difference to sound or tone. The deep red cherry finish is magic.

I got this a day present for myself in 2004. It has a 22 fret neck, dual cutaways which allow access to the high end, two volume controls for both the bridge and neck pickups with two tone controls to pot. The neck is glued on and made of solid mahogany. It plays like a true SG and believe me I've played a few. It has a standard tune-o-matic bridge and a three way pick-up selector: bridge, neutral, neck.