VS6 review by Vintage

Vintage: VS6

Purchased from: Micro Music

This guitar sounds amazing, I play mostly '80s rock like Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Megadeth and Metallica and this guitar suits it perfectly. The humbuckers give it a real rocky noise although you can get a blue sound out of them if you change the selector. I use a Marshall MG15CDR and it goes really ell with it!

I would say that this guitar is perfect for beginners that play rock (metal) and that it goes well with any amp but preferably Marshall!

I would say that this guitar will do many live gigs because whilst I have had the guitar (12 months) nothing has gone wrong (touch wood), the pickups haven't failed nor has the strap buttons or anything! The finish is also very good, like I said, I have has this for about 1 year and there is only one scratch on it and thats because I accidenteally scratched it with a knife. Apart from that, the paintwork and finish is great.

This guitar has 21 frets and it has a really smooth maple neck. It is a duoble cutaway body just like an SG. It has two humbuckers which are both made by Wilkinson so it has a 3-way selector.