VS6 review by Vintage

Vintage: VS6

My style of music is just general rock, like U2, Red Hot Chilis, Green Day etc. This guitar suites any types of music and I love using it to play some U2. The clean channel is exellent and has a rich crunchy sound. On overdrive it sounds amazing! You can pile loads of distortion on it and it will still sound good. At the moment I have only got this 70 watt bass amp which my neighbour gave me for free, and it sounds ok, you can't get much sound out of it but it still sounds good. Sometimes I take it round to my friends house and use his Fender Champion 300, this set up is good, but I'm soon getting a Marshall MG30DFX.

This guitar matches my style of music perfectly. I am very new to learning the guitar and this is my very first axe and am getting a Marshall 30watt soon. I have no regrets buying this guitar even though I had never played one before. If it was lost/stolen I owuld deffinatly buy another Vintage, but maybe a Les Paul style. My favourite features are the way it looks and the way it sounds with distortion.

I would use my VS6 without a backup at a gig, and I feel that it would stand up to years of punishment. The finish is exellent and it looks amazing in the cherry red. The hardware seems good, but I have only had it for 2 weeks, so I can't say much there.

The action on this guitar was exellent. I just opened the box, tuned it and was playing for hours. The pickups were slightly to low for my liking but I just raised them up a bit. Theonly flaw eit it is that the neck strapbutton is on the back of the guitar, and causes it to be neck heavy. The finish was exellent with evenally applied varnish.

This is a solid body SG style guitar. I'm not sure what year mine was made, but probably 2005. I chose mine in cheery red with chrome hardware. It has Wilkinson deluxe non-locking tuners, 2 Wilkinson humbuckers and a Tune-O-Matic bridge. It didn't come with anything exept an allen key (but I can't find where to use it), and a 1 year manufacturers warrenty.