VS6 review by Vintage

Vintage: VS6

Purchased from: www.rockland.sk

I play many music styles, from Queens Of The Stone Age, Muse, NIN etc to pop or blues. And I have to tell, that it suits perfectly to all of them!!! I am using small 15W Crate amplifier and Zoom G2. Clean or distorted, the guitar sounds fantastic, comes as close to a true SG as possible. It is noisy when you want it to be noisy, clean when you need it to be clean.

I have been playing several years on a Cort solo series guitar, but VS6 showed me how inappropriate it was for me. Vintage VS6 suits me perfectly, it easily handles styles from heavy metal to sweet pop. I love the finish, it feels as a thousands dollars guitar. For such a prize, it surely has no match.I'm dreaming of Vintage V100 to add to my collection, but VS6 still amazes me. If my guitar was stolen, I would curse who stole it, and then I would run to the store and buy another one.

I have not used it in Live gigs, but I would not hesitate to play it (even without a backup). On the stage, it would look very good and sexy. It is heavy enough to give an impression of a reliable instrument. Vintade company keeps surprising by making such quality guitars. This guitar will last long I'm sure.

I bought it personally in a reliable store, so the guitar was ready to be plugged and played as soon as I took it home. I had no problem with pickups what'soever. It had a little problem with 6th fret which gave a little buzz, but it was solved easily. I play this guitar with 0.10 strings and I am satisfied. And the cherry red finish is simply amazing, still cannot get my eyes off it.

I bought this guitar in the beginning of 2007. It has 22 frets with typical SG dual cutaways, mahagony body and a classic Tune-O-Matic bridge. With two volume and two tone controls, two Wilkinson humbucker pickups, it enables quite a variety of settings and sounds. It has non-locking tuners, but the tuning stays perfectly.