VS6 review by Vintage

Vintage: VS6

Purchased from: www.Andertons.co.uk

This guitar seems fairly versatile. I've used it for blues, rock, hard rock, metal etc. but when it comes to heavier stuff like deathcore or nu metal, this guitar fails to deliver in my opinion as the bass and distortion aren't strong enough. In my opinion, the best thing about this guitar are its harmonic capabilities (you can some bad ass dimebag squeals on this thing)which is suprising for a guitar with wilkinson (pretty much unbranded) pickups. I run this guitar through my line6 spider III 75 watt which greatly improved the tone of my guitar compared with my old Marshall DFX15 watt which I used to use. This guitar has pretty warm tone but at the same time is quite bitey and harsh, great for rock.

I've been playing for almost 4 years now. If my SG got stolen I wouldn't buy another one because my taste in music has changed quite a bit in the four years that I've been playing guitar and I'm now into heavier stuff so I would buy a guitar specific for metal so I'd get something with quaility pickups and a floating tremelo and I'm be buying a new guitar soon anyway. Basically if your into blues or hard rock, I'd advise you consider this guitar. If your into metal or shredding, I don't.

I bought this guitar about 8 months ago and I've used it constantly since then doing gigs and at band pratcise. I've gotta say it was flawless for the first 6 months or so but recently I've noticed the tone and volume knobs have come loose and twist around in their housing and therefore don't turn properly. Other than that, which I'm sure could be fixed quite easily, I've had no other problems with this guitar. To be honest I think I would take my other guitar to a gig as a backup because of the hardware problem.

Everything was pretty much perfect out of the boxas it was in tune, pickups were well positioned etc. No blemishes or flaws in the wood either. The only thing bad was string buzzing because the action was very low but this took 2 minutes to sort out.

This guitar has 22 frets with trapeziod fret markers, two wilikinson passive humbuckers, a Tune-O-Matic bridge, Vintage tuning heads and two tone and volume knobs for each pickup with a 3-way selector. The cherry red body looks nice and is made from mahogany. Double cut away horns makes it very easy to get to the high notes. A downside to this guitar is the neck, it's vanished so it slows you down and shredding becomes more difficult. This guitar used to be ideal for me but as I play lead aswell as rhythm now, I'm craving a Floyd Rose and more powerful pickups so I'll be looking for a new axe shortly.

I heared people sayng that if you give this to a blind guitarist he wouldnt know the difrence is it a Gibson or Vintage...almost everybody plays this thru Marshall MG...puke...MG realy suck..
    J1M5T3R
    A fantastic guitar! just don't knock it over too much as the tuning pegs a little flimsy and be careful with the volume and tone knobs becasue they can come loose relativley easily. smb, i play virtually exactly the same type of music kyuss and the like and this guitar is fantastic for thoughs bassy heavy sounds but at the same time not too heavy that you start sounding like your the type of person that drinks bleach for breakfast.
    TriviumGuitar
    I have owned this guitar for about 1 year now, and it produces an excellent hevey sound which is better than i expected for the price. It is great for chugging out Metallica Trivium and BFMV . I have also raised the pickups, a the output is amazing .
    Thrashed™
    LD1992 wrote: Anyone here played a V6 (strat copy) I'm interested in buying one cos i want a whammy bar.
    Don't bother. Strats have useless tremolo, and they sound horrible for anything except blues. Besides, tremolo is annoying to tune and restring, even with a Floyd Rose III double locking. Goes out of tune in 2 days and is the worst thing ever if you're just learning.
    Thrashed™
    Trey Spruance wrote: No its not. It's a pile of shit compaired to the ESP LTD series.
    Whatever, those guitars are only good for heavy stuff and nothing else. I had one, it sounded crap for stuff like ACDC and Slayer, sounded allright for Slipknot etc though, but it was retarded for staying in tune and tuning.