VS6AW review by Vintage

Vintage: VS6AW

Purchased from: Musicland (Canterbury, England)

I play a bunch of styles. I play indy, rock, punk and occasionally mixed with both country, blues and metal, I try it all =D. It suits all the styles well as long as you change the tone settings etc. It works for pretty much anything you can throw at it. I play it through a Zoom G1X effects pedal and normally feed it into some computer speakers although I have a Peavey Blazer 158 amp, but the speaker is a bit run down and crummy. It sounds really nice whatever settings I use on it. It sounds great, you can get really bright and twangy sounds on the bridge pickup and really warm and rich tones on rhythm. Putting them together makes an awesome combo which can light up any song and makes for a really great sound. You can really make this scream if you want it to, but it is just as home cutting out some quiet and clean little licks and chords. Great all round.

It will take anything I ask of it and it has never failed me. It has never troubled me or been unkind to me. It sounds amazing. If it was stolen or lost then I'd look for another one because it is the best guitar for this kind of money. It will last a long time and I don't plan to let it go until it just doesn't work. The only fault I have in it is the jack, I wish it wasn't on the top of the body like with all SG's, it's not exactly a problem, but I'd rather it were on the side like a tele or a les paul. It is the best guitar I've played for sure. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go play it.

I have played gigs with this guitar without a backup and i have had no problems whatsoever. The strap has never failed me and the hardware is solid and dependable. It still looks like new. I took it into the shop to buy a new string for it and the guy said it looked just like new, so the finish is certainly holding. Absolutely no problems.

It is finished in this really cool creamy white which looks really good with the gold hardware and black pickguard. I haven't had to change a thing on this guitar and it all holds together nicely. The action is great and it plays(and sounds) better than stuff twice as expensive. The only things I've had to do to this guitar since the time I bought it was tighten a slightly loose screw holding the pickguard in place and buy a new top string when I overplucked it. No problems here.

This guitar was made within the last two years (post 2008) but I don't know exactly when or where. It's a 22 medium-jumbo fret mahogany SG style guitar with a rosewood fretboard and a through-neck. It had a tune-o-matic bridge and all gold Wilko's hardware. It has two PAF pickups, two volume and tone switches and a three-way pickup switch. It's finished in this cool creamy white colour and has a black 3-ply pickguard which all looks awesome. I got this guitar new but I didn't get any trimmings, just the guitar, as I already had all the kit at home from my last guitar which broke (long and gruesome story). All in all, really good

goo94
    i have this!!! i'd definately second these reviews; it sounds great & plays awesomely!