VS6CG review by Vintage

Vintage: VS6CG

Purchased from: Abbey Music, Arbroath

I play a vareity of stuff Bit of Blues, Metal probably best described as hard rock. This guitar does it well but it will probably rule with better pickups. I am using it with an old HH amp with a metal zone and a zoom player 2100 but its normally just Guitar > Metal zone> HH. It does produce feedback but if you stop the strings ringing when not playing it goes away. not as bad as my Squier Telecaster

This is great for my style and since my real name is Angus I had to have an SG. I was originally looking for a les paul but there was only an SG but its great. Its Neck Heavy but thats because of the design. If someone stole it I'd buy another one definatly unless I can afford a real Gibson. I want to keep this guitar until I die and I'm 14 now.

This guitar will withstand live playing. The Gold Hardware is already wearing off on the pickups after one or two weeks of playing but that is to be expected. The strap buttons seem ok enough to me. I could use it in a gig without a backup ass it does not have a floyd.

The guitar was set up at the shop with 10's. Me being used to 9s found it good to bend because of the shorter scale. The finish is a great blood red transparent red finish very dark colour. Darked than the chrome hardware version. You can see the grain Definatly not plywood. The Nut is a plastic heap of junk that causes the low E the buzz rapidly. Will replace it soon.

This is a Vintage SG copy with gold Hardware Probably made in Korea or China. It has 22 frets Typical SG features here Double humbucker two volume two tone. Three way Selector. Body's Made of Mahogany With a Glued in Maple/Mahogany neck not to sure probably maple with tune-o-Matic bridge. Decent machine heads. Has a crap nut which causes buzzes which will get replaced when I have the dosh. Could do with higher output pickups but for the price its brilliant

Triggerishappy
    I love this guitar, its my current guitar although I am about to buy an Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty, my first guitar was an Encore KC3 and compared to that piece of cack this thing was like a Gibson! An awesome guitar only real issue was a loose input jack a few months ago (easily fixed), and the hardware has gotten a bit tarnished (as you would expect). Seriously, as a first/second guitar I highly recommend it in this price range! 8/10
    shao khan01
    thanks man but my guitar has non of the faults the only fault it has is that the place where you put your lead in is faulty can u tall me what to do please thanks =]
    PoloSG68
    If the place where you put the lead in is faulty, look at the stuff inside and see if there are any loose connections, I did this when my Washburn WI24 went on the blink, soon sorted with a bit of solder. Just make sure you know what your doing though.
    TomCannon
    Saw one of these in a music shop. It's got the looks of an SG (to an extent) but it's like 200. I was amazed.
    swest94
    I must admit, I love the dark red finish. I just wish it was that dark on the chrome hardware version, because I don't like the gold hardware. I just think it looks to tacky and glitzy, aright if you're Mr T. Plus it wears off, and I think that would look awful. And the chrome one is slightly cheaper.
    thehandthatfeed
    I love this guitar it was my first i play metallica and megadeth stuff and it works perfectly the solos sound extremely good