VS6CG review by Vintage

Vintage: VS6CG

Purchased from: gear4music

The sound could be better, it has a very good distortion rhythm sound but when you try and play lead on distortion it sounds messy, its not bad but just could be better. When you try and play it through the clean channel, its a bit muffled, it doesn't sustain very well and it is very sensitive to touch. I play through a Vox AC 15 VR. I mainly play classic rock and it sounds fine at times but then it will sound week.

Overall impression for me is, what a bargain, its a solid guitar and I'm sure changing the pickups will sort the sound issue. If you are a beginner or even a more advanced player, this is a great guitar to have in your inventory. If it was stolen I would definitely be very very angry and probably go and buy another, maybe check out the black one or the lighter one but I would go for another Vintage VS6. I choose this one because it has such an impressive build quality, I tried it against some others and they just seemed week but this one felt like it will take so beating.

I have used it live and there was no problems with it at all, I would still take a back up, becouse you never know when bad look will strike, but it can definately with stand it. The hardware seems to be really reliable, I don't think I will ever have to change any hardware on it. The finish is gonna last for a very long time, but like I said the gold seems to waer of quickly.

This is where it is just in a league of its own. The finish on this guitar is amazing for the price range. The paint job has been done brilliantly, I have had it for about 3 years, gigged with it and it still hasn't got a single mark on it. When I got it, it's action wasn't to bad when I got it but I got it set up by a pro and now its a super comfortable guitar to hold and play. There was no flaws when I got it, the only problem I have with the finish is the gold hardware, it fades away very quickly, but what do you expect, its a budget guitar.

This is the basic SG setup with two volume, two tones, two humbucking pickups and 3 way switch. It has the basic tune-o-matic bridge by Wilkinson and stop tail piece. I do not know when it was made but I would say it was sometime around 2008, I know it was made in Korea. It has it has a 22 fret rosewood fretboard on a mahogany neck glued to a mahogany body. It has standard Wilkinson tuning keys.