VSA535 review by Vintage

Vintage: VSA535

Purchased from: Local Guitar Shop

This guitar has a nice sound that you'd expect from a semi, with a bright top end and a warm bottom. On clean it sounds quite jazzy (not that it doesn't work on rock) and on distortion it can do prettey much anything from blusey to metal distortion without much more feedback themn most solidbody insruments. I don't like the fact that because the pickups are the same and there isnt a coil tap, you don't get a very good tonal range (but hey, most "off the shelf" guitars are like that really).

I say this is a pretty good guitar for what style of music I play (grunge, not just nirvana though, heavy rock, metal and jazz, very wide range there). I'll probbably buy a peizo bridge so I can get an acoustic guitar sound aswell. I totally recommennd this to anyone looking to try out a semi and if it were stolen? I'd bloody well batter the guy and get it back!

This guitar has lasted over a year without any breaks in the finish and it still all works (although the Switch is a bit loose) so I'd probbbably be able to depend on this without a backup (although just in case). I'll probbably need new strap buttons though.

This guitar was set up well, with a nice low action (although the stings buzz abit) at the shop, of corse, this was, apparently the funnest instrument to play in the shop (and they sell Gibson Les Pauls and PRSes there). And it's been there for more than a year so that's what you'd expect. Unforturnetley the screws are a bit, well screwed!

- Semi acoustic (335 copy) - Made in Korea - 22 frets, r/w fingrbrd, no radius - 2 humbuckers, chrome covers - 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way selector - Unique tuners (non-locking) - Maple top, back, sides and centre block - Mahogany neck - Tune-O-Matic bridge with stop tailpiece - 24-3/4" scale - Chrome hardware . all in all, prettey good (and I got a free gigbag 'cos they cudnt find a big enough box).

5dilloneastoe
    Lil Macker
    5dilloneastoe wrote: i played one of these at the local music shop through a vox valvetronix and it sounded BEAutiful. Probably gonna buy it. Do u think this is a good second (MY first my current squier affinity strat was given to me by my sister)guitar? I play alternative, light/no distortion rock
    Yup, it would be brilliant. Vintage are very underated.
    paul1991
    yeah I know someone who has one of these they play a bit of everything but mostly indie rock he thinks it great
    Buske6000
    I played this at a local guitar shop. Currently saving up for it, Vintage guitars are great but so underrated.
    larsberculo
    ashimmitramazumdar
    how is the neck on this guitar?? i have quite big hands and I like big necks.. I am currently going for a Foo Fighters kind of sound.. i am really interested to buy this guitar.. any suggestions would be appreciated..
    TeleCam1990
    larsberculo wrote: i dont know what to do! i play punk and rock but i love hollowbodies! should i buy this one, or go for the solid bodies like a gibson junior or a fender telecaster? please comment!
    I'm in the same dilemma as you. I'm gonna take my amp and pedals to a shop and try it witht the setup I use
    eddiehimself
    It's a pretty good guitar. I never really had any problems with it, apart from the ones I created myself lol. I guess it depends what you're doing really. As I said, it does suffer from a bit more feedback than a solid body guitar, but you might be able to sort this out with a noise gate.