Wraith review by Vintage

Vintage: Wraith

Purchased from: Gear4music.com

I use a MG10 Marshall, MG30 Marshall. I don't care what people say about thre MG's but I use em and it sounds mighty fine to me. I mostly use bridge pickup, it seems to not howl round as much and the riff ain't so muffled sounding more crunchy. Good soloing, great rythum, good tapping.

It's awsome for metal. Played around 2 years, I use Marshall MG's. if it were stolen I`' get another, this is my guitar mine I say! It's sweet but ahhrg, every time I pull down the whammy bar it'll go flat, unless I pull the strings to stretch em again. I also had my eye on a mockingbird but decided on this and other ppl liked this one more as well plus u gotta pay lot more for a good mockingbird, n I played a Mockinbird recently and it was ok but I much prefer my Wraith. I wish it came with strap locks fitted on it.

With its rather awkward shape its taken a few hits to certain corners, mainly the headstock and bottom of the body but its still fine, its in fine condiction but if I was to play on stage I wud take along a spare mainly cus if anything did go wrong EG broke a string, it wud be a hassle to get it fixed in time EG that strings gonna be going out of tune for a while till it stretches, silly floating bridge.

There's a little carboard square which states it was all checked by sum guy, theirs lists of. Action, intonection ect and there's little ticks next to them, then signed by sum guy. It was fine when I got it but not quite right, I still needed the bridge springs to be tightened to get the strings to stay in tune n the intonection correct. Also the guy who sorted it for me says their shud be 3 springs holding on the bridge in the back but their was only 2, this means they are under a lot more tension than they shud be mite have to get another string and fit that onto it, if it decides to be awkward n always go out of tune. Also when I got it their was hole kicked into the back and all the stryphone protect stuff was all smashes up, thankfully the guitar was ok but it hadn't had a nice trip.

Stated I have seen it should be 2 hum buckers and a single coil, however upon purchase it only came with 2 humbuckers, oh well it still makes a mean crunch. Whatever is "staggered pole pickups" makes it unnessasryly howl roundy at sum points, less I turn down e volume v quickly or Switch to bridge pickup but it seems to be fine when not surrounded with electronic equipment. 24 frets, however bit tricky to use above around 21, the thumb starts to get stuck on the join at the neck to body but the fingers can still reach n bend e 24th. The floating bridge took me a while to get used to it but I got it sorted by a guitar techie music lesson guy n so the action is confortable and the intonention is fine, after pulling the whammy bar down it doesn't go back into tune by itself very well, it becomes rather flat, I gotta pull the whammy bar back to strewtch e strings back into tune. The whammy bar hole thing is a bit wobbly but it can be tightened by sumhow I think. The finish is quite nice and smooth, it's not pure black its got shimmery wood lines down it which look cool but u gotta be up close to see it. The floyed rose locking unit works good too but don't make my mistake and lock them too tight, allready fryed one of the things had to replace it. Also it comes with a cool allen key holder on the back of the headstock, it holds 2 and comes with it, one is for undoing the floyed rose and looseing the strings at the floating bridge the other doesn't seem to serve any purpose, it doesn't fit anything on the guiar. Also - Wilkinson dual humbuckers are nice n toasty for crunchy riffs, sounds awsome on bridge pickup and full of a body of sound on neck.