Wraith review by Vintage

Vintage: Wraith

Purchased from: Ace Tones - London

The Wraith is perfect for my music style, as I play a lot of metal, I enjoy playing thinks like Slipknot and System Of A Down. The bridge humbucker by itself is good for a really heavy sound, especially with the volume and tone at maximum, although it does have a lot of feedback on this setting. The Wraith works well with my amp, a Crate GT15R, and I can't wait to hook it up to something bigger. The neck pickup is good for a nice clean sound, very good for songs like Vermillion Part 2 and a lot of SOAD stuff.

This guitar is a great metal guitar, it really looks stunning and sounds distinctive. I have only been playing for about 2 years, but this guitar feels so comfortable that I can play more confidently than I could with my old guitar, it's centre of gravity is closer to the neck than that of my old guitar, so the neck tends to slip down when playing standing up, but it's easy to get used to. If I lost this guitar or it was stolen, I would either get another one, or get the Vintage Warp, which is from the same series as the Wraith, as it feels and sounds very similar. My favourite thing about the Wraith is the shape, it looks like you could chop someones head off with it, in a good way!

I haven't had this guitar very long, but it seems very solid and I would trust it to hold up during a gig. The strap buttons are solid and don't need tightening like the ones on my old guitar (a Yamaha Pacifica 112) did, and the finish looks good so far.

When I first tried out this guitar at the shop, there was a problem with the action, however, this was easily fixed. The pickups were well adjusted and there were no other problems. One potential problem, however, is that when you try to tune the guitar too low, such as Slipknot tuning (B-F#-B-E-G#-C#), the strings rattle against the intonation screws, causing an irritating buzz.

Oneofthem2
    i love this guitar, its awsome and yeah, like damm_punks said, good for sweeps. it also realy solid,i had it for a while now n bumpd the edges of it quiet alot, i still do, but there are 0 scratches on the damm thing, which im really impressd with. http://www.myspace.com/addictedtoherbeds...
    Madmax21
    Just bought this guitar the other day, absolutely love it, plays really nice, sounds great, really fat and full sound when playing clean, not had a problem so with this, played it on a few different amps and stuff, really like this guitar, cost me 200 brand new, should have been 250, keeps in tune well which is okay because i like to mess with the tuning quite often, just annoying having to take it all apart to change the strings,lol. But would think a diffinate purchase, ill keep you updated if aything does go wrong with it,
    MooshMooshMarc
    i have one of these and it's reaaaaaly good, but once i stood up with it on my back on a bus, the headstock hit the ceiling and one of the little horns on the headstock snapped off. so i glued it back on. I like picking this guitar up by the whammy "fweeeeeooooowwwww"
    Belph
    i bought one of these last month for 150 (second hand) at my local shop, when i first got it it did have a few problems with the Floyd Rose anywas this guitar has been great its Very good for sweeps (like damm_punk said) and tapping is good on it. im now using it with a washburn bad dog distortion pedal and it sounds Fantastic! Its changed my playing for the better
    weejohnmclean
    warning the floyd rose often goes at a funny angle and takes ****ing ages to fix but still a good guitar