Wraith review by Vintage

Vintage: Wraith

Purchased from: http://www.guitarbitz.com/

The sound is fantastic. Suited for hard rock and metal. Excellent for tapping. Works great with 'wammy-ing harmonics' I use mine with a Line 6 Spider III 30 watt amp. I also ocationally use a Vox Wah Pedal. After almost a year of using this guitar heavily there is still no noticible feedback or static in the amp. This guitar has took a few knocks but still no change to the sound. Extremily durable and reliable. I tend to use this with my amp to produce all sorts of sounds. I particuarly like the heavy sounds (Metallica: Master of Puppets, Bullet for My valentine: Scream Aim Fire, Killswitch Engage: Holy Diver, etc) as well as clean sounds (Metallica: Master of Puppets, Red Hot Chili Peppers: Californication, Hammerfall: Dreams Come True) The only negative comment I can make is after a year of use, I am starting to notice a very minor buzz on the low e string. I belive this is sut general wear and tear, it can be repaired easily. Here is a quick demonstration.

I play mainly metal and rock with the occational clean section, often in these songs. I have been playing just over a year. I own a Line 6 Spider III and a Vox Wah Pedal. I must note the tremolo system does say 'Licenced by Floyd Rose'. This does not mean it is an offical Floyd Rose product, jsut that is has been apporved by Floyd Rose. This tends to happen with cheaper guitars. Despite this I have had no problems with it. I have had a fair bit a time playing with a friends Schecter Syn Custom (cost 900). If my guitar was stolen of lost I wouldn't hesitate buying another one. Easily worth the 180. The main points I love about this guitar is firstly the looks. The thing is a beast and looks like it needs a concealed weapons licence to carry it in my case. The second thing I love is hte value for money. I great guitar for it's price. The only thing I dislike about htis guitar is that I cannot find a case to fit it perfectly. As far as I know, Vintage have not released a case exclusivly for this product.

As far as duribility goes, this thing is a beast. It has too ka few knocks over the months and has came off unscathed. It is extremily sturdy. The only thing that could let you down on this guitar is an unexpected string snapping. This has happened a few times whilst tuning the guitar. But I put this down to my aggresive approach. This usually only happens if the strings arn't warmed up and happens no more often than it did with my previous guitar. Overall a dependible guitar, but don't forget a spare set of strings. Never had a single problem with connecting it to an amp.

When I firs recieved this guiatr is was dammaged (a minor chip in the body). I put this down to the delivery service because the box also has a hold inthe same place. Service was great and htey replaced it within the week. I have found no flaws in this guitar since I purchased it a year ago. I purchased the Helms Black Flame version. (Please note this is not plain black as some images seem to portray). The Jack socket is now reluctant to take a lead for the amp but again I put this down to wear and tear, this guitar has took some major abuse. This minor flaw has no effect on the sound. The finish is ideal and is very scratch resistant. On a slighly more personal note this guitar looks like it would be uncomfortable to use in a sitting position. However it is shaped perfectly in my opinion for most stances. I personally prefer this to a Stratocaster or and Acoustic in siting position. It is a bit of a pain to find a case and guitar stand for it. I reccomend finding a a large case for it. I currently use a soft tribal planet case. I belive it may be a bass guitar case. It does the job though. All of the hardware remains perfectly intact.

Body: Eastern Poplar Top: Flame Maple Neck: Maple Set Neck Fingerboard: Rosewood Scale: 25.5"/648mm Frets: 24 Neck Inlays: Pearloid Dot/ Vintage 12th Fret Inlay Tuners: Wilkinson WJ07 Vibrato: Floyd Rose Double Locking Pickups: Wilkinson Double Coil x 2 (N) WMSH (B) WMSH Hardware: Satin Chrome (HBF) Satin Black (BRQ) Controls: 1 x Volume/ 1 x Tone/ Super 5-Way Lever Accessories: Hex Key Headstock Holder No bag included.

denver243
    anyone point me in the direction of a wiring diagram got one in bits here, thanx in advance
    sean1784
    I don't understand why a guitar with set neck and flamed maple top retails at such a low price, there must be something letting it down?
    evileenz
    I did a review on this guitar UG posted it under metal axxe wraith?? what lets this guitar down is the electrics and pups. reviews are given by people who play through 15watt amps and as such can't really hear the guitar.seriously 10s for sound??? try playing this guitar next to a gibson and you will soon hear how bad the pups are on these guitars