Soldier review by Warrior Instruments

Warrior Instruments: Soldier

Purchased from: Roxy Guitar Phila. Pa.

The 89 EMG's are fantastic for this guitar. A full sound, with either the pickups split or humbuckers only. I am mainly a classic rock player, use only a Crate tube amp, a Rivera tube amp, and a Fender Twin tube amp. I only use a Vintage distortion pedal with this guitar when I use the Fender amp.

I own a Les Paul, a 72 SG, an 80 SG, I now only play my Warrior's. JD Lewis is now making me a solid walnut guitar, with my own wood, as per my request. If they were stolen I would hunt the asshole down and break his fingers monthly! This Warrior doesn't have the large neck joint like A les Paul, and in my opinion, plays much up the neck.

Built to last and this guitar will stay on your shoulder. Built in recessed straplocks are included. I own two Warriors, and I rely on them only. I use 10's on both Warrior's, and play live with all of my guitars. I found this company at the Philly guitar show and I now own two with one more on the way.

The action is incredible. the finish is amazing hand oiled mahogany, the owner, JD Lewis makes the FINEST HANDMADE INSTRUMENT in the world! This guitar came from the factory READY to play. I could not find ANY flaws in the construction or finish. Go to www.warriorinstruments.com.

Made In U.S.A. Warrior Guitars are HAND MADE instruments. I have a solid mahogany Strat stlye body and neck, set neck, 24 fret, EMG 89 pu, string thru body, active pu, sperzel locking tuners, straplocks included and recessed into the body, comes with case, Warrior leather strap. The finish is a hand oiled finish, the wood comes alive, and one of a kind. Vol, tone switch, 3 way selecter, both vol & tone are push-pull switches.

Iceman10129
    I have a solid mahogany Strat stlye body and neck
    Ummmmm...do you know what a strat looks like?
    v-rod37
    factory not very communicative I asked them by phone and email for info on soldier setup, I have, no reply. high end company that doesn't want to talk
    sewoo55
    i'm usually sceptical of straight ten reviews, but believe me guys, Warrior guitars truely deserve straight 10 reviews. the quality is just ****ing A
    motorxtp199
    Iceman10129 wrote: I have a solid mahogany Strat stlye body and neck Ummmmm...do you know what a strat looks like?
    Well it is hard to find a pick of warrior guitars because they are not very mainstream so he probably found the best picture he could and used it because his was handmade so there wouldnt be a pic of his guitar available
    evan-simpson22
    Yeah give the dude a break, and the picture is pretty much the same body as a strat so lay off the dude
    Amroth
    Those three in the picture look more like a take on a DC PRS than a proper Stratocaster style to me. But, as mentioned; this guy's guitar was probably hand made so he found the best picture available on the internet, no?
    rv_phoenix
    It doesn't matter: this is arguably one of the very few guitars on Earth to deserve straight tens. I once played for 5 minutes on an earlier model and was blown away by everything: sound, feel, playability, features... Wood is crafted like precious stones and the sustain delivered by this axe is second to none. PRSs? Minor League, besides these jewels. Too bad they are utterly expensive - some models might topt the 20,000 euros - and very rare.
    Charlie4
    20 000 Euros for a guitar is just utterly insane, a very slight maybe from an investment point of view but I highly doubt you can do anything more on that (price) range of guitar than you can on a $2000 Jackson Soloist, Esp (Japanese line) etc. Either way, to have a custom made guitar is probably quite awesome indeed.
    DFX11
    blooddrunk : Prs ripoffs
    Dont be ignorant. If you took time to look at the website you would see that its a very high end company that makes custom handmade guitars. The pictures on the review are just an example that he found because they are all custom.
    Strangeman86
    I had the chance to play around with one at a small shop last year. It had a baseball bat for a neck (I'm sure that's how it was ordered), but it sounded gorgeous and was probably the most solid-feeling guitar I've ever held.
    Jimmy669
    JD lewis who makes Warrior guitars, calls this body style the Soldier. The other style is called the Isabella. The guitars I own are affordable, my Isabella, with an L.R. Baggs accoustic bridge, was about $4200.00. Both great players!