A10 review by Washburn

Washburn: A10

Purchased from: eBay.com

The perfect guitar for hardcore/punk/post-hardcore fans. I play through a Behringer V-Amp 2 and Behringer Mixer hooked up to an old Laney amp and this guitar can handle anything thrown in it's path. There is very little unwanted feedback through the pickups and it screams on the higher strings perfect for lead guitarists. Its rhythm performance leaves a lot to be desired however, it sounds muddy. The Floyd Rose is great though, once again adding to it's lead ability.

I couldn't imagine playing guitar without it now. It's perfect for a heavier rock style of playing. I would rather not have the Floyd Rose, because of the hassle it gave me originally, but set up well it serves no issues. I was tossing up between an Epiphone Explorer and this, and I'm happy with my choice.

I've never had a chance to gig with this guitar, but now I will no doubt use it as my first choice. I have a Les Paul Studio that I can fall back on if something goes wrong, but that doesn't seem likely with the Washburn. The finish seems to be very worthy to, it's thick and glossy. The strap buttons are huge and quite capable of flips and spins.

The guitars factory set-up, or the previous owners, was terrible. the action was as high as a violins and the intonation was way off. Once I got a service on it, it was like new. No noticable flaws in my eyes other than what could be easily fixed. The middle tone knob is noisy to turn and the volume knob is v/ touchy, but these are minor problems. The Floyd Rose stays in tune nicely also.

My Washburn A-10 Stage Series re-issue, concieved in 2005, was nothing but trouble for me. This was until I got it serviced proffesionally. Now, I can't put it down. It has 22 jumbo rosewood frets set onto what I think is a mahogany body. The shape resembles Gibson's Explorer or an Ibanez Destroyer, but rounder and with more class. The guitars Floyd Rose bridge works great with the grover tuners and the Washburn humbuckers. The only accessories were the hard case that can fit a keyboard it's so big and the tremelo arm.

GuitarPlayer716
    Second. Looks alright. Very good review, one of the few reviewers that don't give everything a 10 for absolutely no reason. I've never been much of a fan of Washburns, how do they measure up to say an ESP LTD EX-400? I love mine.
    knotslip
    Yours is better
    cj10schmelzer
    your moms is better!
    badguitarist13
    cj10schmelzer wrote: knotslip wrote: PunkRocker33133 wrote: metallicock wrote: flipsk8r1928 wrote: i like the body i like your body yeah well i love yours Yours is better your moms is better!
    no... im goin with your sister instead...
    greeny23
    you both have great bodies. but the washburns is better. ive always thought washburns were cheap until this one. but its changed my mine, it makes me feel special.
    oakn
    I have the A-20V, the original from the 80's , which was the finest model in the A series. I love everything about it except the floyd rose. I've thought about filling the trem-routing and install a hardtail bridge, but it's a bit scary cuz' I don't wanna ruin a original Washburn A-20V.
    DOMR28
    The one pictured above is the one I posted. I talked to a Washburn rep shortly after I purchased it used in 2001 for $425. He told me that the A-10 Stage Series Re-issue(at that time)was only manufactured in 1998, and retailed for about $950. The sound was excellent and it always stayed in tune, but I have since dropped in a set of EMG's.
    rhino76c
    I ve got a 1982 A10 V cream colored that I'm trying to sell for $100...I'm a schecter guy myself