A10 Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 04/21/2008 category: Electric Guitars
Washburn: A10
It has 22 jumbo rosewood frets set onto a mahogany body. The shape resembles Gibson's Explorer or an Ibanez Destroyer, but rounder and with more class.
 8.2
 8.8
 7.5
 2,837
review (1) 14 comments vote for this gear:
A10 Reviewed by: greeny23, on april 21, 2008

Purchased from: eBay.com

Features: My Washburn A-10 Stage Series re-issue, concieved in 2005, was nothing but trouble for me. This was until I got it serviced proffesionally. Now, I can't put it down. It has 22 jumbo rosewood frets set onto what I think is a mahogany body. The shape resembles Gibson's Explorer or an Ibanez Destroyer, but rounder and with more class. The guitars Floyd Rose bridge works great with the grover tuners and the Washburn humbuckers. The only accessories were the hard case that can fit a keyboard it's so big and the tremelo arm. // 8

Sound: The perfect guitar for hardcore/punk/post-hardcore fans. I play through a Behringer V-Amp 2 and Behringer Mixer hooked up to an old Laney amp and this guitar can handle anything thrown in it's path. There is very little unwanted feedback through the pickups and it screams on the higher strings perfect for lead guitarists. Its rhythm performance leaves a lot to be desired however, it sounds muddy. The Floyd Rose is great though, once again adding to it's lead ability. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitars factory set-up, or the previous owners, was terrible. the action was as high as a violins and the intonation was way off. Once I got a service on it, it was like new. No noticable flaws in my eyes other than what could be easily fixed. The middle tone knob is noisy to turn and the volume knob is v/ touchy, but these are minor problems. The Floyd Rose stays in tune nicely also. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've never had a chance to gig with this guitar, but now I will no doubt use it as my first choice. I have a Les Paul Studio that I can fall back on if something goes wrong, but that doesn't seem likely with the Washburn. The finish seems to be very worthy to, it's thick and glossy. The strap buttons are huge and quite capable of flips and spins. // 10

Overall Impression: I couldn't imagine playing guitar without it now. It's perfect for a heavier rock style of playing. I would rather not have the Floyd Rose, because of the hassle it gave me originally, but set up well it serves no issues. I was tossing up between an Epiphone Explorer and this, and I'm happy with my choice. // 9

Comments