Dime 332 review by Washburn

Washburn: Dime 332

Purchased from: Frankies Music

It suits my music style perfectly. It goes from gut busting metal riffs to sappy love ballads in the blink of an eye. I play all over so it is the best guitar I have owned yet. I am using a Stone amp that I got with my previous guitar, but I don't have any effects yet. It's fairly guiet. The only noisy setting is if you leave it unattended and on at the same time. If the tone 2 control is all the way up it will cause some noise. It can make a variety of sounds. It can squeal, bend, hammer-on, pull-off. If you can imagine the sound, this guitar can pull it off.

I play blues, and hard rock. Mostly Guns N' Roses and stuff from Slash. This is the best match I have had with a guitar yet. 2 years this Christmas. I also own a J. Reynolds Strat copy that I am letting a friend borrow. I also own a Stone amp. If it were lost or stolen I would probably buy a Les Paul Studio and if I found the person that stole it I would beat the living shit out of him with the pointy part of the guitar, and then defocate on his children. I love everything about it. The 2 things I wish it could do is magically turn into a Les Paul Studio and have more frets, you know you can never have enough frets. My favorite feature is the 23 frets. I compared it to the Jackson RR3 I liked the Jackson better but I found this one locally and it had about the same features that I wanted. I wish it had a Barrell on the end so I could shoot a hole in my wall. That would be frickin' awesome.

This guitar could withstand my life. The hardware is made of Grade A material. I'm positive that this guitar will outlive me. The strap buttons are set on place and tightened with screws. If I am still playing thirty years from now, I wouldn't trust any other guitar to do the job that this guitar does. The finish looks as if it will last a good 10 or 15 years.

The guitar was set up great. The only modification that I had to do was put lock tight on the input jack. It was a little loose after about 4 months. The pickups were never out of order, they have always been perfect. The top and the bridge were assembled correctly. The guitar only contained fingerprints, if you consider this a flaw.

Just for the record it feels very awkward to be talking about this guitar seing as how Mr. Dimebag Darrell was laid to rest last week. It was made in 2004, I'm pretty sure. It has 23 frets with pearl circle inlays. It is a solid top with a solid body. It has a polished finish. It is considered an Explorer shape. It is a String-thru body. It has Active electronics. Volume, tone 1 and tone 2, as well as a Switch to go from the neck pickup, the bridge pickup, or both. The tuners are locking as well as being grovers. A cable and tools came with it, but I had to buy the bag separately.