Dime 332 review by Washburn

Washburn: Dime 332

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

It very well suits my music style. I play heavy and death metal. I play it through a Marshall AVT275X Cab, with a Marshall JCM2000 Lead 100 Head. It sounds so excellent. The guitar has a very wide range of sound depending on your distortion pedal. I run mine through a Zoom 505 Distortion. I can make it sound muddy, heavy, and just downright evil. Or, I can make it sound bright and happy with the click of my pedal.

I have been playing 12 years and I own 14 guitars. My band has been around for 8 years, we have played 212 gigs so far. And never in my career, have I come across a guitar this great! It doesnt't even match my Gibson Explorer that I payed $1200 for. There is nothing I wish it had, because it has everthing I need. If this Guitar was stolen, I would kill the son of a bitch that stole it! If you want a great guitar for under $800, buy this!

Evey thing will last, but I didn't like the strap buttons, they were horrible, they were too small. The guitar falls to the ground. Fortunatley there is a soulution to that problem. I went down and bought some black Peavey straplocks. They work ecellent. You can seriously depend on this guitar. When ever I gig with it, I don't even bring a backup!

The guitar was set up ok at the factory, but I had mine professionally set up. The Action Is very high. The guitar fits so nicely against your body. The bridge was routed nicely. The black finish is thick and won't wear down. Good action, fit & finish no flaws I can see. Everything else was perfect!

My Dime is a 2005 Washburn Dime 332. Although it doesn't say where it was manufactured, I believe it was USA. It's has a very thin neck for playing fast and hard, Jumbo frets for more room for fingering, and the action is very high, but I was surprised on this guitar because most guitars that have very high action get a buzz from the frets hitting the strings, this guitar does not buzz, at all. It is made out of mahogany, but is light unlike most mohagony guitars. This guitar never goes out of tune. The strings sit on a tune-o-matic bridge (better than the Gibson one) and string through the body. It has 2 volume controlls and one tone controll. It runs on a 3-way selector. It sounds exellent on it's factory pickups (2 Seymour-Duncan Dimebuckers), and the sustain goes on and on forever! The Grover tuners are great, they never slip, keeping your Dime in tune, always.

Scourge441
    Ierius wrote: this guitar is not that good, 'cause it's not something you can use in every situation, it's great only with heavy highly distorted super high gain settings..and even then, there's just no definition.
    Fender MIA Stratocasters aren't good for all situations. Does that mean they aren't good guitars? Just because you can't use it for every situation doesn't mean it's not good. Some people buy it just for that one situation it's good for.
    Riffer_maddness
    and the action is very high, but I was surprised on this guitar because most guitars that have very high action get a buzz from the frets hitting the strings, this guitar does not buzz, at all. maybe its just me or is that low actions buzz