Dime 332 review by Washburn

Washburn: Dime 332

Purchased from: Zamar Traverse City

For being a metal guitar, this bastard is pretty versatile. I play everything from Killswitch Engage to Stevie Ray Vaughan, and this guitar sounds pretty awesome, even when playing those warmer, bluesy riffs. I'm using a Rocktron Rampage (Small Amp,) and relying solely on the distortion from the amp (Which doesn't sound too bad.) The sustain is wonderful. Notes ring out forever and a half. I've useed this with a big-arse Marshall amp and it sounded orgasmic. It's nice to have a versatile guitar when you're working as a band to establish a signature sound.

I play anything metal, rock, or electric blues, and this sounds pretty sweet any way you slice it. I've been playing for 15 months now and this is my only electric guitar. I have no regrets about this buy and I would definately replace it if it was lost or stolen. I love the shape, the sound, and the durability. It was a christmas present, so I couldn't really compare it, but I wouldn't ask for another style. I wish the strap buttons were better and I would love either gold or black hardware. Maybe a third pickup for more tonal versatility.

I've only played one gig thus far, and I'd do it again with this guitar. I'd definately bring backup, because this thing is a string-snapper. Other than the output jack and knobs, this thing will outlive me. The strap buttons aren't very solid, and that's caused some damage to the finish, but from playing alone, this thing won't turn into the SRV Strat.

I bought it used. The action is kinda high, but I like it that way. Buttery action just doesn't do it for me. As for the controls, my tone knob is f**ked up and the strap buttons aren't very solid, but other than that, everything is perfect. The finish is beatiful other than a couple of dings from me dropping/bumping it.

I don't know, but I think it's 2004. Made in China. Rosewood fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets with the generic Dot inlays. It's solid mahogany, and I'm pretty sure the neck is maple. It's that ML shape tht has become oh so famous as of late. It has a Tune-o-matic bridge with the string thru V. The guitar has hot-ass Seymour Duncan pickups with some incredible sound. It has two volumes, one tone, and a 3-way toggle. It has Grover 18:1 tuners, which seem to go out of tune pretty fast. It came with a Washburn gigbag.