Dime 332 review by Washburn

Washburn: Dime 332

Price paid: £ 199.99

Purchased from: Gamlins Music

Great for metal not sure about a clean sound. Doesn't quiet sound clean enough. Excellent for tapping and sweeping. If hooked up with a great amp and you'll be well away. I'm using a Line 6 Spider III 120w combo amp. Doesn't loose and quality when cracked up. Haven't been able to turn my amp to full yet in my bedroom. Unbelievably loud.

Great for metal, Needs a hard case for transport as for the big head it does take quiet a few knocks. Looks and sounds great. Needs a gentle hand to care for. Unfortunately I don't have a gentle touch so I'm giving it a powerful 8. Other than having to be wrapped in cotton wool it's a overall good guitar to have in your collection. Great for pros and people with a little experience. Wouldn't get it just starting.

Not had any problems that I haven't caused through misuse. I've dropped knocked and scratch it. More than once which lead to the neck splitting. It was repaired for 80. Don't think it could take much more. Electrically no problems. Only due to the size and shape it has which is why I can't give it top marks. If looked after (like most things) there will be no problems.

Not too heavy but wouldn't swing it around on stage. Good feel when holding it. Nice for when you want to hit the 22's and play high up on the neck. No restrictions due to shape of body. Would be better if the amp connection wasn't in the front sticking out. Looks out of place. Well made and still in good condition 3 years onwards.

22 Fret. Black glossy finish with chrome arrow at bottom of body. Looks real cool and suits metal lovers more so. I know nothing about the type of wood. It's a bolt-on neck which has never given me a problem. Difficult to find a case due to shape. Has 2 hum-bucks giving it great sound no loss of quality.