Dime VPRO review by Washburn

Washburn: Dime VPRO

Purchased from: Music123.com

I play rock and metal, the neck pickup has a smooth Vintage sound and the dimbucker will ripe your head off. I have several amps, a Randall Warhead, Marshall MG250DFX and a Crate Stealth 50 tube amp. Most of the time I play through a Peavey 4-12 cabinet with shetfield speakers. This guitar offers a wide range of tones and is very sensitive to palm muting and pick attack.

I play mostly metal and rock. This guitar is excelent for this. I have been playing for two years. I have several other guitars. 1971 Fender Jaguar, 2003 Peavey V-type and a 1988 Charvel model one. If this guitar was stolen I would replace it with the same guitar. The only thing I dislike it, as with any V style guitar. It is no fun to play sitting down. I bought this guitar because Dime was killed and I wanted one of his signature models. RIP Dimebag!

I have owned this guitar since Jan of 2004. I only play for fun so I can't comment on the live playing reliability. The hardware feels top notch. I would definetly gig with out a backup. The paint and finish seem durable although I baby this guitar.

The guitar as delivered, was set up very well. The fit and finish is great and the sound is captivating. The fret work, neck fit to the body and the grover tuners have a great quality feel. The tone and volume knobs are tight and noise free.

2004 Korean Washburn VPRO, Dimebag Signature Series, black flame graphics, set V neck, V inlays on neck, 22 jumbo frets, grover tuners, Buzz Fenton tuning system, Seymore Duncan '59 reissue at the neck, dimbucker at bridge, two volume knobs one tone knob, stop tail piece bridge. Comes with a custom form fitting gig bag.

xdsx43
    I had one of these, and i got an AMAZING DEAL on it. I got it used, no flaws, perfect condition, for a hundred and fifty bucks. Except i needed to have a fret filed down, and the dude at the store messed with my truss rod, screwed up the whole neck. STUPID ADAM. I wanna go back and smack his face off.