HB35 review by Washburn

Washburn: HB35

Purchased from: Smart Music

I can play rock, punk, and metal, and turn around and play blues and jazz, and not even change a setting. It's a very versatile instrument and makes no noise whatsoever. The 60 cycle hum on my instrument is nill. A major selling point. It's got a warm, fat tone that is to be expected from a hollow-body, but I mean really warm and fat. This guitar is worth it's weight in gold for its tone alone.

For my blues and jazz playing, this guitar is absolutely perfect. But to that end, when I go back to my metal/punk/rock roots, it's also a great match. It can do anything, and does it well. A jack-of-all-trades, and a master at all of them. I've been playing about three years, and have had this guitar for almost a year now, and if it got stolen or lost, I would definitely buy it again. This is a world-class guitar.

I've used this guitar for many a live show, and it performs every time. All the hardware and strap buttons feel solid, and I depend on it for most of my clean playing. It always shows up and always makes me look good. The finish is beautiful and is solid as a rock. I feel it will last a long time.

No adjustments needed to be made, it came perfect from the factory. The action is nice and comfortable, not too high or too low, the intonation is perfect, and all the controls and hardware were spotless and shining.

This is a quality guitar, my friends. It's a hollow-body, 22-fretted masterpiece, and it plays beautifully. It has a clear, natural finish, two humbuckers, two volume pots and two tone pots, and a very nice mounted bridge. It came with a beautiful solid case and cables.

jqworle
    I have one and it is a great guitar,it widens the playing styles and sounds you can get rather than sticking to my Gibson SG standard.
    Swamplord
    It may be a versatile and quality instrument. It just looks a bit gay for an axe. Those F's also put me off.