MG130 Review

1,038
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
MG130 Reviewed by: ray7788, on january 10, 2005

Purchased from: Crescent City Music

Features: - This guitar was mad sometime before 1998 I believe. - 22 frets - Mahogany carved - Mahogany body - One piece mahogany set neck - Rosewood fingerboard - Seymour Duncan's - Chrome floyd rose bridge and tremolo - 5 way toggle Switch - Locked neck - Wood binding - The guitar came with a Washburn hardcase // 10

Sound: I play a couple styles of music, which are rock, blues, metal, and alternative. I can say that this guitar fits well for all these types of music including many more, but when I try to play this guitar clean on acoustic mode, the sound don't sound right. In other words, I mean that the sound the guitar makes, doesn't have the rich acoustic sound on it or is that bright. Besides that, I think it sounds great. Especially when playing hardcore blues or killer metal riffs. This guitar has a slight ecko when playing clean too wich is very cool, and sounds very crunch with distotion. This thing will light a fire under ur ass if you know how to use it. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set up really great. The action was set on perfectly and the pickuped where set up great to. The bridge was properly routed and everything seamed to be in order. It only had one flaw, which was that one out of its three nuts on its locked neck was a little rusted, but no big deal and thats about it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could withstand any time, because it's made with tripple grade "A" s--t, but I wouldn't use it in a gig withought backup, because the floyd rose had a lock at the top of the neck which would be a b--ch trying to tune it down a step or some s--t like that. I also wouldn't play it in a gig withought a backup because this guitar deose way an exccesive amount of 10 to 15 pounds (it weighs like a mother f--ker), but it has a veriety of sounds wich would want to make me still use it in a gig. I've played this guitar everyday for about 2 and a half years and I can tell you that this guitar has not wore off at all. // 6

Overall Impression: I mostly play metal, hard rock and the blues, and this guitar is the perfect mach for them. I've been playing for about 5 or six years now and own two Yamaha acoustics a Wasburn Dimebag Darrell and a Les Paul Standard and I can tell you that this guitar feels like a Les Paul, sound like a Les Paul and Dime Bag. These things are good. The only thing I wish I would of known before buying this quitar was about the locked neck wich has been a pain in the ass to me. If some one stole this from me I would buy a Les Paul Voodoo I think it sounds great too. And if I found the thief, id grabe my guitar like a hammer and crush him, and I know my guitar wouldn't break trust me I know. // 10

Comments