N1 Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 08/07/2015 category: Electric Guitars
Washburn: N1
Their conclusion was that if the N400 is, in fact, a neural correlate of some aspect of semantic processing, then satiation does not have its effect on any aspect of semantic processing related to the N400.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 5.3
 7.3
 7.1
 7.4
 8,730
reviews (3) pictures (3) 1 comment vote for this gear:
N1 Reviewed by: ejfr1985, on october 07, 2008

Features: It was made in indonesia I bought it on 2007 I think it's from the same year. It has 22 jumbo frets the body is hard wood a maple neck and rosewood fingerboard the tuner are grover 18:1 and has a Vintage trem, one vol knob and a three way pickup selector which controls the two humbuckers w623(B) and w621(N), mine is Natural mate is nice a looking guitar and is a little bit smaller than others Strat style guitars and the headstock is reversed. // 6

Sound: I play rock and metal and beacause of the humbucker fots very well I don't use the trem because it get out of tune quickly on mid position it sounds very weird I think it's a problem on the wiring but I just don't use that position anyway it makes almost no noise and th pickup sounds very well, I change the bridge pickup for a DiMarzio superdistortion because I already have it form another guitar and it sound very a lo maiden and Judas Priest old stuff, I played this trough a jcm 2000 and my practice amp a Laney LG12 and sometimes I use a custom made guv'nor for the soloing. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: from the factory it came a little bit high action for my taste so i lowered this a set it up to my likes as i said before the pickup were very well except for the middle position, the springs from the back looked very rusted and it is not very clear on high frets from the 16 to 22 on all strings // 5

Reliability & Durability: well this have a year with me I haven't played live I don't think I would have a backup because I only have this one my other two guitars are out of bussines, the guitar looks like the firts day and that's fine to me. // 7

Overall Impression: as I said before I play rock and metal I bought this guitar in an emergency because my other guitars died, I've been playing for 4 and a half years and only had had beginners guitars and this is very good in comparison to my other guitars, I like that is light and smaller, and I hate the Vintage trem and the lack o clarity on the higher frets. I choose this one because it was the only one I could afford besides the squiers and arias, if it were stolen I wouldn't buy it again iwould go for the n4 or an Ibanez rg. // 6

N1 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 16, 2010

Price paid: A$ 350

Purchased from: ?

Features: It is a 2007 model made in China. Its got 22 Jumbo Frets with a rosewood fretboard, with a Hard wood body and a maple neck.its got some cheap tuners, a three way Switch and a three way selector switch. It has got a W621 and W623 pickups. It has a reversed headstock with a smaller body then a regular Strat in Natural Matte. // 7

Sound: This guitar suits mainly rock and Heavy Metal but really can play anything pretty well. I was surprised with the neck pickups sound, but quiet dissappointed with the bridge pickup. I play the N1 through a Peavey rage or Randall RG40 with either no effects or a DigiTech RP350 or Boss ME20. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was can with a poor setup and after setting it up it still had issues. The main issue is that the low e and a string were super floppy, it didn't matter what I had trouble with them. One of the tuners was not attached to the neck well and was out of line, but this did not effects the guitars playing. // 4

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could withstand any live playing easily. It has been dropped multiply times on its body and neck and has no problems. The original strap buttons have been replaced with Straplocks so I can't comment on the original ones. It has a very good finish that could last through any thing. The hardware could survive any thing too but the selector Switch does become loose after short amounts of playing. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar does suit my style and was a good match. If it was for the super floppy low E and A strings this guitar would be a great guitar and I would proberly rate it about a 8 overall. If it was stolen I would not buy another one and instead go with the Washburn N2. It is one of the most comfortable guitars I have played. // 7

N1 Reviewed by: Ryan Crane, on august 07, 2015

Features: 2014 Made in Indonesia Washburn N1, strat body with 22 Jumbo frets on a Natural Matte Finish Maple Neck and Rosewood fretboard with a 25.5" scale. Came stringed with D'Addario Nickel Wound strings I think a 9-42 set, featuring a reverse headstock and dot inlays. Also features a fantastic Nubone nut with a nut width of 1-5/8" (42mm). Awesome chrome hardware, it has a 3 piece Paduak hard wood body with a Natural Matte finish, with a HH Pickup configuration, dual open coil humbuckers, a W623 in the bridge position and a W621 in the neck position. Has a fulcrum tremolo bridge, one volume knob, and Washburn brand nonlocking machine heads. The only complaint I can see there being is the 3 way pickup selector is a bit loose but other than that it's a top notch guitar for the money. Included with the purchase: 3ft Instrument cable, and 3 different sized allen wrenches. // 8

Sound: I play blues, rock, metal, r&b/hip hop, and it has no problem handling any of those genres. A very versatile guitar to say the least. I use a Line 6 Spider IV 15w plugged straight in with a Gold tipped Mogami Cable for home practice, and it sounds great. As for noise problems the only unwanted noise from the guitar is when using the loose pickup selector but its nothing major that can't be fixed with a quick swap. Has great harmonics, it can really scream and squeal if you make it happen, cleans are great as are the more crunchy/overdriven tones. Most versatile electric guitar at this price point in my own opinion. Would have been a 10 if it weren't for the pickup selector. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Sounded good, BUT had a horrible factory setup. Had to readjust literally everything. The pickup selector was the only loose hardware though which was nice. The bridge is slightly off to wear the High e is slightly a little to close to the edge but doesn't cause a problem playing wise as much as it's visually irritating. Other than that everything else was great visually, great woods, shiny hardware, only one ding on the back of the body from factory, but have to say very awesome wiring done very professional which is a surprise in such a low priced guitar. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Haven't put it to the test yet but I believe after jamming out on it many times it could withstand live playing. I'll end up replacing all the hardware because of personal preferences although all the stock hardware is very solid equipment. Strap buttons have been great so far hasn't slipped off once even without strap locks so that's awesome. I would need to have a backup for this guitar in a gigging situation, but then again you should always have a back up in the circumstance something goes wrong during a gig cause it definitely can and will happen if you're a regularly performing musician, but these guitars also sell for around $100! So it's not like you have to backup a very expensive piece of equipment you can probably even get a good deal for buying a few so you can have them at your dispose (possibly for multiple tuning's, backups, etc.) The finish will only dent and scratch since its a Natural Matte finish, but it depends on how rough you play or under what conditions you put the guitar under. So it varies. // 8

Overall Impression: It works amazingly with the variety of music I play. I've been playing guitar for 7 years and I've played many guitars and I can firmly say this guitar is a great. If it were to be stolen I would laugh because there's little to no resale value to this guitar (another great reason to purchase one) and I'd definitely buy another one. My favorite feature of this guitar is the overall play ability and versatility. Was compared to all other guitars within' this price range and it was by far the best in all categories. // 10

Comments