Oscar Schmidt OE30 review by Washburn

Washburn: Oscar Schmidt OE30

The guitar is well suited for my tastes, I enjoy playing everything rock'n roll to punk rock music on this guitar. Jazz music sounds well on it as well but I do not play much of it. I use this guitar with a cheap Fender amp but the sound I get is very thick and rich.

I would say this is the perfect guitar for a beginner. It has both the features and sound of a much more expensive guitar but at only a fraction of the price. The overall tone of a semi-hollow body is much more beautiful I would say than a normal guitar so if you wanted to try it out but dont want to shell out 750 or so this guitar is well worth an investment. The only problem I would say is that you can't customize this guitar that easily because there isn't a hole in the back that pops out to make changes.

The guitar came perfectly in tuned but I think it was because the people that work at Musician's Friend must have been playing it or something. The action came very low. The color was absolutely amazing, I got mine in cherry red but I think it comes in about 4 colors maybe.

The Oscar Schmidt OE30 is a wonderful sounding electric hollow body guitar. The lifetime warranty covers this fine instrument and Washburn's quality is throughout. - Semi hollow body guitar - Twin Washburn HH pickups - Stop tailpiece - Grover tuners - Dot inlay - Tune-O-Matic bridge - Rosewood fingerboard - Adjustable/detachable neck - Colors CH, TS, OR, CBL - High gloss finish - Lifetime warranty.