PS80 review by Washburn

Washburn: PS80

Purchased from: Tiger Pawn

This guitar is mainly used for Metal, Shred, and Rock n' roll, the HB are very warm, I play a lot of music styles and this guitar fits most of my needs, and the thing is quiet if you don't touch the strings, you'd think the guitar is off, not one bit of buzz, even when the amp is cranked up.

This guitar is the Affordable Les Paul of the Heavy Metal world, and is great for getting a very heavy sound. I have been playingfor about 2 years, and own a Peavey Rage 158, a Zoom G1, and of course the Washburn Ps80, if it were stolen i go out and hunt that motherf--ker down, that guitar holds settementle value! Also wish I had a better amp, and Efx set up. Looking at the Jcm-800 but can't afford it!

This Guitar is great looking and playing, so I would probably use it Live, the hardware will last a while as long as you don't throw this guitar around, the strap buttons are nothing special so I updated to strap locks and never looked back. Though I never gig without a backup this guitar probably won't let you down.

Only Flaw I found was that I had to adjust the Intonation and lower the Strings, but Im picky at my guitars. As far as pickups i had to adjust mine a little, the bridge seems pretty good though a tremolo option would be cool. couldn't find barely any flaws!

Not sure of the Year, Bought it used, it is a great guitar with Black Gloss Finish, Three way Toggle Switch, two Humbuckers, Mahogany neck Rosewood fingerboard 22 frets, though I suggest upgrading the Standard Strap buttons, for Strap locks to avoid damage.

Josh_brewer
    ^ yeah it may not look it but the shape of the body is very deciving, it is more comfortable than any guitar i've ever played and is way lighter to!
    J.J.G.
    Pingis_Or_Death wrote: Washburn makes some of the ugliest guitars on the market imo.
    ratlr
    dnag, that thing looks like hell. and there were so many spelling and grammar errors that i could hardly read the review.
    againsteternity
    If it wasn't for the headstock it probably wouldn't look so bad to me, other than that it sounds great the part where you said "it's quiet when you don't touch the strings" makes me consider getting it
    justine3563
    i play some metal..but im not impressed with this guitar..better get a warlock!lol.but for me,an RG is still the best