WG228 review by Washburn

Purchased from: SweeLee Music in Singapore

It suits my style really well. Actually, it's so versatile, it can fit any music style very well. The tone knob works magnificently, unlike lots of other guitars. I like the 24 frets, as I am beginning to play lots of solos (I have played the acoustic guitar for 7 months and I'm starting to play an electric) The two humbuckers cancel a lot of hum. The single coil pickup in the middle also has very little hum. Overdrive is pretty good with this guitar. You can easily adjust the feedback. Sometimes there is too much, for my cord isn't very long, but it's fine if you had a longer one.

I play lots of punk music. Some rock too, but mostly punk. As I said, I have played for 7 months already. The only gear I have are this guitar, a Bad Dog amp, and an acoustic guitar. If it were stolen I would get the same one.

This guitar will withstand live playing. The hardware is very lasting. The strap buttons are fine. Not exactly magnificent, but they will keep the straps on. I could use this at a gig without backup, but its always a good thing to bring one just incase. The finish is perfect. No worries about it wearing off.

Very good factory set-up. I started playing it right out of the box. You don't have to do much of your own setup. Very good action. Pickups were adjusted just fine, though mine had a few brown things on the tips, but that was just mine. I can just wipe it off though. The bridge was totally awesome! Most Floyd Rose bridges only bring the pitch lower, but mine somehow can increase and decrease the pitch. The guitar has NO flaws at all.

- Made in China. - 24 frets - Solid alder flame top - Solid alder body - Double cut, a bit like the Ibanez RG Series - Licensed floyd rose vibrato - 5-way Switch - One tone one volume - HSH pickup config. Washburn pickups - Floyd rose locking nut

jamesdjharrod
    geluidsterroris
    jamesdjharrod wrote: My friend has one and it's crap. Get an Epiphone or even like a Squier or something. And the reason there's no picture is because it's ugly as sin.
    Washburn is way better than squier. Maybe epiphone could be better, but SQUIER? That guitar is *RAPE*
    GunLeatherGuy
    Actually Ive played one of these and they are nice guitars. My son has a Peavey and Squire and they dont even compare to it....the pickup arrangement offers alot of versatiliy in the sounds you can get out of it.
    dayuh
    i just bought this guitar, for only 167 dollars converted. with a price this low for a washburn guitar brand new, having grover tuners and floyd rose tremolo, haha its totally awesome i just thought i hit a jackpot. yeah its made in china, but it's still washburn. i like the sound - the volume and tone responds well and nice pickups very versatile. i just have some questions though, the first review is in 2004. is this model still manufactured or just left overs?
    dayuh
    aw this guitar totally looked like the ibanez grg series.
    EddieGurney
    I have this guitar, it work fine with me, sounds great and has a thin fretbord for quick solos. Awesome guitar! A definite buy!
    joetallica93
    i also have this guitar and it sounds prefect when you change the bridge pickups to sds
    Bighands888
    This is a good guitar for most types of music I have two of these for my students who don't have an electric guitar. Well made inexpensive. solid tone as well as versatile. Great back up guitar.