WG587 review by Washburn

Washburn: WG587

Purchased from: music123

I use this on a crappy Marshall 15 watt practice amp with a DigiTech Death Metal pedal and still sounds great. When I use this on my Vox AD30 it sounds amazing. The harmonics on it are fine, better then normal. If you don't think it sounds that great, maybe it's the player instead of the guitar.

I play metal mostly and obviously this guitar is meant for metal. I compared it with lots of other guitars, I like to search around before I buy something. It was either this or the Ibanez 400 dollar 7 string. I played both, not much of a difference. So I saved my money and got this. I don't regret it. If this was stolen, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. I don't really hate anything about it at all. It's solid made. In fact, I think I might buy another one in red. All in all this guitar is amazing for the price and a must have for any metal head. It's 200 dollars, what do you have to loose?

The strap buttons are too small. My old strap kept slipping off and causing the guitar to drop. So I got strap locks. Problem fixed. I can depend on it in a gig. I highly ever doubt the finish will wear off. It's a tuff, reliable guitar. It's just kind of heavey, but that's because it's solid.

Its sexy. I got it in black. The picture on Music123 was sort of faded and looked gray, so I didn't expect this guitar to look this nice. I play it maybe 4 to 5 times a day for a hour or two. And it's still in perfect condition. No loose screws, jacks, etc. Just a amazing guitar.

I don't know what year it was made, I really don't care. For 200 dollars you can't complain. The sustain on it last for awhile with the stock pick ups. I liked them so much I didn't change them. Besides the neck, I don't see much difference between this and the Ibanez 7 string. Stays in tune, sounds great, feels great, what more can you ask for (besides a trem). But I don't like trems, to much work. This is perfect for metal.

synpet713192
    i got this guitar for 150 at sam ash... but that's only because it was used. I guess i'm lucky because it was still in perfect condition... I love this guitar.... i may have spent as much as 275 on it, too... if it was stolen, i'd buy it again... so worth it
    ironwolg
    mine's pretty beat up but i got it used so idk what kinda hell the previous owner put it through lol. mine has some kind of seymour duncan pickup in it(maybe the kind you guys are talking about?) and it sounds great but i'm changing it out anyway for the Dimarzio Crunch Lab 7. if i can save up the money i'm gonna put a trem on it but idk what kind just yet. it's a very good guitar, the neck is pretty thin, very good for shredding. it's just missing the floyd rose if you ask me. anyone else think it looks like Rusty Cooley's new guitar a little?
    ironwolg
    MESAexplorer wrote: Satan Lover wrote: its a badd ass 7 string and numnuts invaders are 4 six strings i will put emgs on mine I dunno what your problem is, i took time out of my day to write a review, and you have to be a douchebag. Seymour duncan sells 7 string invadors, which are supposedly high quality high gain pickups, well i dont really like mine, it has no bass.
    yeah i second that, i also have an invader in mine. i bought it used and it came with that pickup. it sounds alright but i'm looking for more of a petrucci style tone so i might get the crunch lab 7 and install it or maybe the D sonic