WG587 review by Washburn

Washburn: WG587

Purchased from: craigslist.org

It has a great low end. The pickups sound great distorted, they have a great chunk to them. They are also great for harmonics, and pinch harmonics. It's easier to get harmonics on this guitar than my Jackson RR3. I play mostly metal so it suits my sound just great. When you clean up the pickups they can get a little muddy, but it's not bad. It has a little fret buzz, but that's expected with a 7 string. Over all the stock pickups are fantastic, but if you're a jazz musician you might want to change them. If you're looking for that sic Korn sound though, this thing is amazing.

I play mostly metal, with some hard rock and rock. I even play some more chill Jack Johnson/John Mayer stuff. This guitar is great for all of it. I've been playing it only for a week now, but I've already adjusted to the 7th string. It wasn't hard, it made sweep picking easier because there's more room to roll along the neck. I also own a Jackson RR3 and a Fernandes Dragonfly (the old series, which had a hss setup, and a Vintage tremolo). I would definitely buy another if it were lost or stolen, it's just so cheap to buy from people. I compared with other Schecter models and the Ibanez rg7321, this is easily the best in my opinion.

I haven't had a chance to play live with it yet, but this thing packs a punch and it can definitely take everything you got in a live setting. The hardware is great quality, the strap buttons are fine, but I'll Switch to a DiMarzio strap anyway (I've got those on all my electrics). I would gig without a backup if I changed the strings, the one's I have right now are pretty old.

The action is great, it sits nice and low and plays insanely fast. I like the setup on this guitar more than any of my other guitars. The pickups where setup great. I haven't had to change anything on this guitar. Nothing was wrong with it except a slight chip on the headstock from the previous owner.

It was made in China, I believe, in 2004. It has 24 frets and a really flat neck. The neck is easily comparable with the Ibanez rg7321. The only difference is that the neck doesn't have any finish on the back, so it feels like it's been sanded down, making it easier to play. A Strat style body, with a metallic silver finish makes this thing look awesome. it has a Tune-O-Matic bridge with 2 passive, unknown, humbuckers (just typical Washburn stock pickups) and a three way Fender style pickup selector. It also has some great Grover tuners.