WI100 review by Washburn

Washburn: WI100

My musical choice is metal, punk and grunge. This guitar is really easy to get perfect tones out of. I have played Gibson Les Pauls, SG's and Jackson Flying V's and I have never came across a guitar so easy to adjust sound quickly. I get perfect tones for nearly every song I play. I use a Marshall 100 watt tube with the standard two buttons and its perfect. It's hard to get perfect tone on lower wattage amps but it is doable.

If this guitar was a woman I'd marry it. It's easy to play real speed demon. Bends work brilliant better than when I had the SX custom. I love the VCC system and would not trade for any other guitar in the world. I don't let any untrained unexperienced guitarists so much than stare ay it. Highly recommended guitar if you can get one, seriously get one. I've only been playing for two years and I'm self thought and I can play hard songs such as psychosocial and master of puppets with this and cannot on any other guitar I've ever played. I cannot stress to you how brilliant this guitar is. The only fault in it is the top strap button placement.

I would bring this back to a gig without a backup I rely on it that much. If your too heavy picking and sometimes hit the body under the strings the finish will fade in that area but if you take care of it it will last you for years. The finish will also fade if not put on guitar stand or if its being rubbed up against all the time. Again if you take care of it, it will take care of you.

I didn't buy this guitar from a shop I traded it with a friend for an electro-acoustic Epiphone. Although I was not present when the guitar was purchased I have to say it was in outstanding condition. There was one scratch on it but that was from wear and tear.

This guitar has the VCC system which means it has single coil and humbuckers. It has two VCC control knobs and two volume controls. It has a carbon black matte finish. The only real problem is the placement of the top strap button which allows the strap to fall off if you twist the wrong way or if you have a tendency to bop along with your playing.

yaronbeery
    you're missin' the whole point about the vcc in that review. whereas other guitars offer the option to split the coils and have either single sounds or humbucker sounds, the vcc take you through all the range between them. like a a light simmer switch, really great idea.
    Mohican
    If this is anything like the discontinued WI14, it's not the greatest. The frets were horrible on it, as well as the fretboard. I was too inexperienced at the time and didn't have a proper amp to comment on the tone.
    rv_phoenix
    Well, the guy also missed the point about the strap buttons. It's not the position on a guitar which makes the guitar fall (the guy never saw a Les Paul, do you realize that?), it's the absence of a straplock, but such a feature appears only on much more expensive guitars. And the VCC system, working exactly as descibed by yaronbeery , is a miserable steal from Fret-King guitars, who patented the system many years ago, as VariCoil. I keep on saying that amateur reviews should be posted in another section than real reviews.
    memea
    Brought myself a WI100 is it any good anyone? I also brought an electric tuner the man said to hook on the HOC its not working I know nothing about guitars its never to late to learn.