WI14 review by Washburn

Washburn: WI14

Purchased from: Bobs Music

This guitar has great sound for any musician(Experianced/Beginner) I play metal and to my suprise this is a great guitar for it. I play through a Line 6 Spider III 75 watt. I am using.11 gauge strings. If this was the only guitar I was ever going to buy in life I would change one thing and that would be the pickups. Currently on it are factory Washburn humbuckers. I would change them to EMG's or Seymour Duncan blackouts. This guitar will also suite any clean tone. Definetly a reccomendation for any music style.

I am a metal head and this guitar is great for it. This is only my first guitar and I think it was a reasonable price that I payed. I've been playing for about a year and plan on upgrading soon due to the fact I want to explore different guitar brands. But I will definetly be keeping this guitar for good. This guitar is a great guitar. The one thing it is not good for is reaching high frets (18-22) because it is not cut out far enough. My favorite feature would have to be the neck. It is perfect for sliding and playing those crazy solo's.

This guitar would definetly withstand Live playing after you changed those strap buttons. The only reason I would bring a backup is because I'm always paranoid that this guitar would fail but it has yet to fail. I've played a few live shows and practiced in my garage with my band and this thing rocks. I've tossed this thing on my bed before and nothing has ever happened. It has a strong finish. I played this guitar for two weeks (a few hours a night) and only had to tune it at the end of those two weeks and even then it was only a small bit out of tune.

I purchased this guitar @ Bobs music in pembroke\ontario\canada. It came in from the factory the day before I bought it and they had just put it up on the shelf a few minutes before I bought it. The action came in a perfect from the factory. Not adjusting was required other then to tune it a bit. The pickups were perfectly adjusted. The guitar was perfectly clean, it didn't have any left over factory dust on it and was nice and shiny. If I was keeping this guitar I would change the strap buttons due to the fact they are good.. But if you turn the wrong way, the strap will fall off and it gets anoying.

Made in USA. Stock Vintage style fixed bridge. Two Washburn humbuckers, three way toggle switch. Metallic blue finish. Dual Volume & Tone Control. A Ebony fret board with 22 jumbo frets & Dot inlays. Washburn non- Locking Tuners. The body is shaped like a les paul except the top is cut out a bit. This guitar does come with a bag. Just you will need to fork out an extra $34.00 for it.

Chuckles741
    I got my WI14 with a fender Princetion 65 amp(which is ****ing loud) for $400. THe guitar is very playable, but yes the bridge pick i find is extremely weak compared to the neck pickup. Mine is a baby blue bbody with white hardware. i wouldnt beleive the reviewers that it was made in USA, this is a cheap guitar