WI14 review by Washburn

Washburn: WI14

Suits my style of old Blues, classic rock and soft rock. Use with Marshall Stack n hence it sounded gr8! Otherwise pretty good guitar with the humbuckers giving good volume and quality sound. Rich n bright sound definately not noisy. Cant give gr8 variety then again I wasn't looking for variety. Sounds without any effects good Acoustic sound! But sustainance is a problem.

I play mostly Classic rock, Reggae, blues, soft rock etc. And this guitar naturally sounds like a Acoustic one which helps in the soft places. Thats the reason y I got it. Also the String thru Body adds a dimension to the sound that I can't pin point. Doesn't carry too much distortion too well, wud definateky not try out metal etc. But I like it and for good. Also I wanted A bolt on neck! Only thing I think missing is a Tremolo! With the bridge n string thru body I wud have loved if this baby had a Tremolo! All in all I like the way it sounds.wont buy it again but will try putting up another humbucker in the mid range and see what it does to the sound.The price it has come for I will in the long run experiment with it...

Definately will withstand live playing.Hardware seems ok and buttons are no problem.Can definitely depend on it and gig with it but then again this is actually my back-up guitar. Finish is good but last or not only time can tell and I wish I was TIME! doesn't have a pick-guard n I can see Pick marks on the body but then again I hate pick guards and almost always get rid of them. So no pains with that. As you may have hear- "My Levi's wet n torn".

Guitar had a lot of flaws. When I found it, the Knobs were missing, the selector Switch was bent. The store guys did a good job I should say in a days time and got the thing in shape. Strange that Washburn delivers such pieces.. After all dear Brand counts I thought.. Anyways...

Made in China, in 07 it would seem from the serial no. 22 frets Basswood body. Transparent finish, String thru Body bridge. Twin humbuckers with 3 way selectors and 2 each of Volume and Tone controls. Found the Guitar in the shop in pretty bad shape but in a days time they arranged everything. Sounded good.Gig bag included.

salgala2000
    " I've been playing for 3 years but I would consider myself an advanced guitarist" This made the first review crap
    punkpop13
    i have this guitar and i have played on fender stratocaters, gibso les puals, and even gibso sg's with three humbuckers, and this by far is my favorite guitar
    Mysticaly
    I've had this guitar for a couple of years now and it isn't to bad, mine has very few scratches even after falling down on the floor a few times. For me the action was all wrong so I changed it some, the pickups where adjusted some.. I use it mainly for metal on my home studio, the pickups are not to great for metal, and it's not to great for clean ether, but better for clean that overdrive. I didnt pay much for this guitar and must say it's been worth every penny and even more despite the mentioned issues.