WI200 PRO review by Washburn

Washburn: WI200 PRO

I play metal, rock, grunge and a bit of blues. The Seymour Duncan custom in the bridge is well suited. It is one of Seymour Duncan's 'high gain' pickups, not as powerful as the invader but still gives out a lovely warm, middy heavy rock/metal tone. The mahagony body really gives it a lovely warm tone. The 59' in the neck is perfectly suited for bluesy Acoustic passages. The guitar itself sounds like a dream, I'm playing it through my Marshall valvestate avt 100 with no pedals, just the amp's setting's. This guitar can fit the bill perfectly for many player's, and don't let anyone tell you a Seymour Duncan custom custom can't cut it for metal because it can, however I think it is more suited for 80's metal and hard rock. The harmonic's ring out nicely and clearly, and with the 59' in the bridge it's a very versatile guitar indeed.

Like I stated above I play metal, Grunge, hard rock and blues. This guitar can cover the whole damn spectrum with the very versatile pickup selection Washburn have gone for, you can litrally go from screaming lead to a seriously warm bassy blues sound in seconds. Nothing I haven't covered here I didn't want to know, but I couldnt find a review on this guitar! it's an underground hero, I implore you, go out and buy this guitar, it's better than 800 pound guitars I own and cost a quarter of the price.

I have only had this for 3 hours now so I can't really comment on long term durability, but the guitar is set up perfectly, it's very light, Easy to carry, Seems built like a brick **** house, very well fitted hardware, I would definately try this at a gig without backup.

The guitar came very nicely set up by the fine folk at Machine Head (they set up new guitars for free to your requirements as Standard, and I asked for low action and a certain guage of strings). The pickups are at perfect height, The bridge is perfectly set and perfectly risen, the neck is straight and smooth and the finish is simply gorgeous.no blemishes or bad points at all. I'm honestly very impressed.

I have to openly admit, this is one of the nicest guitar's I have ever owned, and I own quite a few 'nice guitars.' This is A 2007 Washburn WI200PRO assembled in USA. It has a mahogony body, a fast, thin, Maple neck (medium frets-bolt in), rosewood fretboard, grover machine heads, chrome hardware, a 3 way toggle Switch, a Seymour Duncan custom in the bridge and a Seymour Duncan 59' in the neck. It also features the 'buzz feiten tuning system' and a feature called 'voice contour system' that effectively switches the humbuckers to single coils by rolling back the volume a bit. Included was a frankly very nice and practical Washburn padded case and lead.

kroket666
    wauw..... 3 whole hours.... you must know ALL the in's and out's then of this guitar.....
    Guitar God!
    kroket666 : wauw..... 3 whole hours.... you must know ALL the in's and out's then of this guitar....
    hater alert...
    HAHAHA!!! Not bad for a washburn though!!
    saint_berzerker
    Wow, washburn makes some ugly guitars nowadays. I suppose in the long run that isn't important...but ugh.
    Lemon43
    cool review. im tempted to buy one but i think the wi200 pro-e would be better. will someone plz do a review of it.
    thewickerman512
    not a huge fan of washburn, they've always felt cheap...but i do always enjoy it when a company proves notions like that wrong. and i agree with kroket666, 3 hours isn't really enough time to have a guitar and write a solid review.
    guitarNbass
    nickofzo
    guitarNbass : I also agree with kroket. How can you even make a review on reliability after having it for 3 hours? POSTED: 06/10/2009 - 01:39 pm / quote |
    yes indeed
    JamieIsHere
    3 hours? Please be serious... Ive had my guitar 7 months and I wouldn't consider writing a review yet :/
    iceh88
    not that great for a seasoned player but a good starter guitar
    ThomasOlano
    in his defence he did say he couldn't really mention about reliability and that it SEEMED built like a brick sh*t house. and i can also add that this guitar is beautiful one of the best looking guitars ive ever seen and one of the best sounding guitars iveever played i love mine
    ThomasOlano
    also those pictures really don't do this guitar justice at all it is STUNNING in person, trust me XD