WI200 PROE Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 07/06/2010 category: Electric Guitars
Washburn: WI200 PROE
It has 22 frets on a rosewood fretboard with a scale of 24.5. The neck is maple. The solid body is made of basswood. It it only avaliable in matte black.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.5
 2,551
reviews (2) 5 comments vote for this gear:
WI200 PROE Reviewed by: Lemon43, on march 24, 2010

Purchased from: Machinehead

Features: This guitar is amazing. It has 22 frets on a rosewood fretboard with a scale of 24.5. The neck is maple. The solid body is made of basswood (I think). It it only avaliable in matte black (the red one is just the Standard WI200 PRO). It is a cross between an SG style body and a Les Paul. Personally I like the look. It comes with a tune-o-matic bridge, 2 volume controlls and two tones (one for each pick up). It has a 3-way pickup selector. The best thing about this guitar is the EMG pickups. It has an EMG-81 in the bridge position and 85 at the neck. Both are active, powered by a 9V battery in the back. It has Grover tuners and the Buzz Feiten Tuning Tuning System. It comes with a Washburn deluxe gig bag and a cable. // 10

Sound: I use my guitar with a Laney LX35D. There is only one way of decribing the sound produced by the twin EMGs, stunning. The gain achievable from the pichups is simply amazing. The volume level is superb. This guitar is very well suited for metal and rock style pieces, which what I use it for. The EMG 81 is exellent for lead and the 85 for rhythm. Using them together is good for both. The variety of tones availiable is amazing. The pickups make different sounds and just by slightly adjusting the tone controlls you can easily change the overall tone and sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I had my guitar set up at machinehead when I bought it so I can't really say how well set up the guitar is from the factory, but I can say that Machinehead did a good job. The guitar is properly set up and there are no flaws. The only problems are the crackly jack, which can be easily replaced and the 17th fret which you can't bend because the note choaks out. The higher frets need to be leveled to fix this problem. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand bmps and live performances and I would use it with no backup. There are only two problems with it. The jack socket crackles and is a bit "dodgy" and the 17th fret can't be bent and choaks out. Both of these problems can be fixed though. The jack can be replaced and the fret just need leveling. // 7

Overall Impression: I love this guitar. It is a bargain seeing as how the EMGs cost 180 on their own and I only paid 279 and how the RRP was 499! It is excellent for the music I play and compared to other guitars for the same price there is no competition. I have only owned this guiter for 8 months but I can safely say it is amazing in every way and I would definately get another if this ione broke (which it dosen't look like it is going to do). // 10

WI200 PROE Reviewed by: EddieOwen, on july 06, 2010

Purchased from: MDM

Features: Solid body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, EMG 85 and 81 pickups, Buzz Feiten Tuning System, Grover 18:1 tuners, Tune-O-Matic bridge, quality hardware you can rely on, 24 fretted wonder. Comes with deluxe Washburn Gigbag, strap, jack lead, plectrums. Beauty. // 9

Sound: I like to play everything, and this is the one guitar that sounds great with every style, I'm using it with a Fender Cybertwin V:1.2 and a Boss "Super Chorus" stomp pedal. It has so much variety it's unbelievable. When I want to play metal, all it takes is a few flicks on the tone and volume, overdrive pedal on = Time to rock. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Guitar was set up perfectly at the factory there were no flaws at all in the design. The pickups were perfectly adjusted and in place. Like I said earlier: There are NO flaws in the design of this guitar. The finish looks awesome but is ind of annoying because it gets fingerprints splayed over it easily but they can be wiped away with a cloth. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Yes, this guitar will definately withstand live playing, I use it at all my shows and have never had a problem. The hardware will last. The strap buttons are secure, I would always depend on it, I wont need bbackup when I have this guitar. The finish will last for a long time. // 10

Overall Impression: It plays all music perfectly, has a great sound, great features. I have been playing guitar for 7 years now, I also own a Squire Tele and would only use that if there was something major wrong with the Washburn. If it were stolen/lost I would buy again without any hesitation, no questions asked. I love how it works with almost any style, there is nothing to hate about this guitar, this guitar is purely awesome. If your thinking about buying this guitar, just do it, you wont regret it. // 10

Comments