WI64 review by Washburn

Washburn: WI64

The sound is great. It's a harmonic machine. It's so easy to get harmonics from just about anywhere on the fret board. The pickups actually sound really good for cheap standard pickups. It sounds good for rock, metal, punk, blues, basically anything. A very versitile sounding guitar. I had a little bit of fret buzz on the low E, but I adjusted the action and fixed it. Overall, I love the sound.

Overall I love this guitar. It's better then all the other guitars I thought of buying. The neck is so thin. It might be thinner than the Wizard II from Ibanez. It's amazing. I considered buying a Schecter. Schecter is a very good brand, and the guitars are great, but it was just missing something. Well this Washburn is missing nothing. Most people don't even consider Washburn, when they should. I love this guitar. The only thing I think could make it better would be some better pickups, but the stock pickups are still good. This guitar is worth twice as much as I paid in my eyes. I could stick with Washburn for the rest of my life and be happy.

The action is great. Like I said, I had to adjust it cause when I got it it was so low that there was some fret buzz. Even after the adjustment it's still very low. It's so easy to play. I feel like I play better just by using this guitar. The finish is amazing. I own the transparent red, and it's just gorgeous. When I saw the pictures on the internet, I wasn't impressed. But then when I saw it in the store, I was amazed. It's so much darker in person. The silver hardware really sets it off. It's amazing.

This guitar smokes with all of Washburn's top features: - Mahogany body - Quilt maple top - Modern carve top single cutaway - Neck scale 24 3/4" - 22 frets - One piece mahogany set neck - Fingerboard radius 14" - Rosewood fingerboard - Deluxe gold hardware - VCC - Voice Contour Control - 3 way toggle Switch - Exclusive Grover 18:1 gear ratio tuners - WB630 high output pickups - Tune-O-Matic bridge - Rosewood fingerboard - Buzz Feiten tuning system.