WI64 review by Washburn

Washburn: WI64

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I play hardcore, and rock mainly but I have been toying around with some Django Reinhart and it can do them all. It is more of a rock to metal guitar though. I am currently using a Guitar Research 60W tube amp (which I would not suggest getting) and it sounds good considering the amp is a pile. The pickups are good and they don't pick up sound from other electronics unless I am at my computer doing tabs, then it hums a little. Oh and by the way pitch harmonics are awesome on this guitar. I have friends Who can only do them on my guitar.

Good guitar. The pickups are nice and flexible, the tuners are solid, the body is nice and light. But for all it's virtues I don't think I would buy it for $400 it's good but. I don't know I guess I would just rather have a Michael Kelly Patriot Q or a B.C Rich Masterpiece Mockingbird. If you can find it at a reasonable price buy it. But for the price tag of 400 I'd keep looking.

I've played a couple of shows with it a it has performed admirably. Everything seems solid. I wouldn't play without a backup (that's just stupid) but if I only owned this guitar I wouldn't worry about using it solo.

The only thing I had to work on was the intonation up the fretboard but that's a very minor thing in the scheme of things. The setup from the factory was average. Perfect for rhythm a tad high for soloing. After owning this guitar for over a year I still haven't found any flaws in the finish, fret wire, or the hardware so at this point if there are any flaws they are well hidden.

I went into Sam Ash and came out with this beaut from Korea (got it at a steal normal price is $419). Mine (which I don't think you can find anymore) is satin no gloss black with distressed hardware and no pickguard. Mahogany body and set neck with rosewood fingerboard give it a great tone and sustain considering how thin and light it is the body's only a little over an inch thick (think SG not Les Paul). It has passive electronics so there are no batteries to change. The fact that it is equipped with the Buzz Feiten tuning system and Grover tuners means it stays in tune no matter what. I currently have mine tuned down to drop C and it sounds great.

Nasedo
    Yeah I bought this guitar about a year ago.. and it still sounds great.. but the pick-ups were.. how do you say this.. a little touchy haha.. but you'll get used to it
    rageagainst64
    this guitar is great. light, super skinny neck, BF tuning, this thing is awesome for gigs. havent had any problems with it