WI65PRO review by Washburn

Washburn: WI65PRO

Purchased from: used

I play many styles, nothing perfect really XD but versatility is a requirement for me and this delivers, the combination of the Seymour Duncan pickups and VCC is really rewarding, controlling the volume output of each pickup can really help shaping your tone! I play it through Vox ac4t, with occasional use of some pedals (e.g JHv1, Satchurator, Vox Way, Boss Ge-7...), and it sounds great both clean and distortion. The differences in switching pickups is easily noticeable, may favorite for clean being the middle configuration and lowering the volume for the bridge pickup to decrease the "attack" If that's the right word for it. For distortion It sounds wonderful on all configuration, I don't have a favorite yet, still experimenting. Noise is not an issue, at all! When your not playing it is just quite as it is supposed to. Only good stuff when it comes to sound.

this is a high end guitar, with some premium features, It will suit every style and actually quite good not just good enough. I liked it and for now this is my main guitar, my second being my Cort X-6. If it is stolen I would buy another one if I get a similar deal which is highly unlikely, this goes new in my country for around 900$. This is a winner, Washburn did a great job doing it, it has it's own character and really a joy to play.

I gigged it live, really good and the good thing it is really really light, so you don't even notice it when playing it standing up. The hardware is built to last, but the body will get damaged, I bought with some wood chopped just a little, and some paint scratched off, but I may say looking at the damage done to the body, this is not a regular abuse, the previous owner must have deliberately hit it! Everyone should respect his instrument, I really hated how someone could abuse his own instrument that much, I guess spoiled kids. So also it is damaged, I don't think I can really blame the guitar itself, I have it for a year now and not a single new scratch if found. I would depend on it, I would gig it without a backup, everything is working just fine and there's nothing really to worry about.

I bought it used so I don't know about the factory setup, that said it has no problems at all, no buzzing, all knobs working fine, pickup selector working fine, no complaints. The pickups have signs of rust if you inspect carefully, but that is really not Washburn's fault, plus it is not really showing and don't affect performance so I don't really mind it.

I'll keep this short, you want the whole list google it or check the other review. I got mine used, this my second electric guitar, my first being a Cort X-6. I bought for 2 main reasons, having Seymour Duncan pickups, and neck thru construction knowing that will lead to more sustain supposedly. This has a tune-o-matic bridge, H-H configuration with 3 way pickup selector switch, also has Washburns own VCC which serve in mixing the sound generated of both of pickups. Also has "buzz feiten" system to preserve intonation throughout the neck. So you can see this has quite features to talk about that differentiate it from other guitars.

yaronbeery
    just for the recent "viewee" - the vcc isn't about blending the two humbuckers at all. it's an alternative system to a coil split, which isn't an on off split but goes from single coil to humbucker through the whole range. like a dimmer switch between the single coil mode and the humbucker mode.
    Metalloy
    i wrote what it felt like to me, but yours actually makes more sense, so thanks for the correction, ill see if i can edited. thanks again and sorry for an.honest mistake.
    Metalloy
    one more thing, any other comments on the review? i mean do you have other mistakes would you like to point out or give me your analysis for the review? it would help for my reviews to come on other gear.