WM24PROE review by Washburn

Washburn: WM24PROE

Price paid: € 938

Purchased from: Eskildsen.dk

If you play heavy this is the guitar for you! It really has a sound suited perfectly for that genre of music. I'm using it through my Ashdown Fallen Angel stack and a Line6 POD-Xt-Live. It does not have a lot of noise when you are not playing, so it is very comfortable to have when you are not playing. If you want to be making harmonics this is a really great guitar to do that on, because of the EMGs!

For my metal it is the perfect guitar and it was very cheap (I know that it might seem expensive for you, but guitars are expensive in Denmark), and through my Fallen Angel stack and Line 6 board this guitar really shows what it is worth! If it were stolen or lost I would probably go buy a new one. I love the looks of it, I mean just look at it! It is very light weight which is what I like the most. The fretboard is easy to play on from 0 to 24th fret. I compared it to other brands which actually were more expensive and didn't feature as much as this. This is a guitar you have to try, and maybe buy.

I haven't been playing it at a Live show yet, so I can just say what I think, and I think that this will be killer to have at a Live show! I know that it is a bad idea not to have a backup when you are using Floyd Rose, but I actually think that there is no need for backup here. The finish seems to last and the sound will as well.

When I got it I changed the 09 strings with 010, and just played. It can be played straight out of the box. There have been no problems with it so far and I have played it for hours every day for nearly 3-4 months.

Washburn WM24PROE BK was made in Indonesia 2008, it features 24 Jumbo frets with star inlays. Massive Mahogany body and bolt-on 25, 5" mahagony neck. It has a nice Black Finish on a cool looking Strat-like body. The bridge is an Original Floyd Rose tremolo system. It features Active EMG pickups, EMG81 in bridge and EMG85 in neck. It has a 3 way toggle. The tuners are Buzz Feiten. With the guitar did I get a Washburn gig bag.

pokerhappy
    Looks like someone cut off the headstock and put it on backwards and sideways.
    XxPunkMafiaxX
    how come rosewood comes in so many different shades? that almost looks like ebony sweet guitar though
    enselmis
    that looks like a nice guitar, ive never been a real fan of washburn but that looks pretty nice, I play an ibanez S 620EXQM so i know what a metal guitar feels like.
    Frededk
    No problems with the tremolo Btw i don't know why it says licensed up in the top, this guitar has Original Floyd Rose
    dime4ever
    the headstock is pure hell.it's looks can be compared to a mating troll - disgusting.other than that this guitar seems nice
    ThroughOblivion
    seems like a nice guitar. I gotta try it sometime I own a Washburn WI64 and it's very nice =] its my favorite guitar by far
    AlbertoPerezz
    I'm pretty sure I own this guitar, but I can't seem to find the exact model. Mine came with EMG's 81 and 85 with its battery slot on the back behind the lower horn, Tune-O-Matic bridge, star inlays, bolt-on neck, it's white, and that's it... I really want to know the exact model of it, and the WM24PROE seems to suit it best. The only difference is that mine is white and doesn't have a floating bridge. Could anyone tell me the exact model of mine?